History is being made today- tune in to watch it

Whether you like NASCAR or not, history is being made today as Danica Patrick is the 1st female to be the leader when they start today's Daytona 500. The race is on FOX if you'd like to witness history for yourself! "Ladies & Gentlemen, start your engines!" :)

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• I know, how cool is that? We're about to turn on the race.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:55 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Not real impressed. While Danica Patric MAY be the first woman on the pole, she is NOT the first woman to race in NASCAR. Besides, from what I've seen and heard about her from Indy, she's a hotter head that Tony Stewart, and she has a mouth on her. I don't really like what I've seen.

She raced a limited schedule last year.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:44 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• "She is considered nothing but a trashy slut!"

well...when ya put yourself in skimpy costumes (and perceived nudity) for something like Go Daddy...you open yourself up for those kinda comments.

i dont care for her personally, she comes off as obnoxious and overly confident (qualities i also dislike in men). but breaking barriers is always a good thing! and i wont be watching cause i find NASCAR to be more boring than golf & tennis combined.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:07 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I am a nascar fan but I dont consider her making pole position history in racing, I consider this history:

Sarah Christian started in the No. 71 car started 13th and finished 14th in the very first NASCAR race ever run on June 19, 1949.
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 3:19 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Hmmm, not into NASCAR myself, but I might just watch the start of the race. Hopefully things run smooth unlike yesterday.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:30 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• How long have you been watching NASCAR then Jeremy'sMom? A few years ago Tony Stewart got benched for intentionally wrecking drivers when he got mad, and was also forced to attend anger management after he punched out a reporter who wouldn't leave him alone. It was ALL over the news.

And how is MY attitude keeping women back? Danica may or may not be a good driver, I don't know. I DO know that she got into MANY arguments/fights with other drivers in Indy racing. IF she's going to be someone that little girls look up to, she should be a GOOD example, not a trashy one.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:08 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Eh, it's NASCAR, not something I care about at all. I'd rather watch the snow blowing around outside my window, but to each their own.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 3:10 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• not into NASCAR
    but would be great if she won
    (and everyone safe today)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 12:33 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Honestly, I really haven't made my mind up about her. I LOVE Jr and Smoke. So I guess I am in the Good Ole Boys Club. She very well could be a great asset to the sport. I just haven't seen enough of her to really make up my mind.

LOL it was funny watching the driver intro. It was funny watching which drivers liked each other and which ones couldn't stand each other.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I haven't watched a race since Dale Earnhardt died. He was MY driver. After that happened, I never watched the sport again.

But, I wish her the best and find it truly aspiring.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2013