How do I make fruits edible for my son? And what are some good beginning snacks?

So he is starting table foods, and I give him bananas, and strawberries, how can I make an apple so that is soft enough for him to eat. He has like 5 1/2 teeth.
and what other fruits and veggies are good for snacks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Steaming is really easy. I have just recently started to make my own baby food. I have only made apples and carrots so far, but Im going to do pears this week. All i do is cut up the fruit or whatever, peel it, wash it, and put it in a strainer inside a pan with water in it and boil the water. I have only steamed the carrots tho. I just boiled the apples and then put them in a blender and mushed them up and put them in ice cube trays, froze them, and then put them in ziplocks. They are supposed to last like 3 mo or something
    CassCass

Answer by CassCass at 2:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Just cook it until it's soft. You could bake it, steam, boil... I even do microwave, although some people don't like to do that.
    You can do avocado chunks, and steam any fruit or vege until tender. You could even do some frozen veges that come in the steam bags... easy!
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Bake the apple and mush it up. Alvacado is healthy just mush it up as well.
    Mrs.Smith84

Answer by Mrs.Smith84 at 1:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I made apples for my daughter by putting them in a pan with just a little apple juice and steaming them til they were really soft, almost able to be mashed. then cut them into small chunks just big enough for him to comfortably pick up. Avocado is a great snack for him too because of all the health benefits of avocados and they are creamy and easy to eat. I gave my daughter the little green peas because she could mash them with her tongue and she loved to carry around a bowl of them. Also steamed sweet potato chunks are great too, or cooked squash cut into little squares or mashed and fed with a spoon.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• This might sound like a dumb question, but Im a young mom, and I cook, but dont steam anything. How do I steam an apple?
    Anonymous