Im starting to get worried...

I have a 7 month old baby girl. For awhile now she has been bringing her shoulder up to hear ear and squinting her eyes like her ears are either hurting, or itching. She does it to both ears. Now I always thought that if a child had an ear infection they would also have a fever. She hasint had a fever and she isint fussy unless she is tried or hungry. No changes in her eating habits either. Something is really bugging her. I plan to take her to see her doctor first thing Tuesday morning but was wondering if any other mothers have experianced the same thing? Thanks!

ArmyWife15

Asked by ArmyWife15 at 1:38 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Take her to the Dr...my DD had a double ear infection and showed NO signs at all. We went to the Dr for check-up and he looked in her ears, looked at me, asked if she had been showing in signs of discomfort and she hadn't. he told my my kid is a bad ass, because any other kid he knows would have been in pain or pulling at ears or something. Not mine though!!! =)

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It may be an ear infection
    OR
    If she is teething it can bug their ears because it's along the same nerve path... and they can act like it's an ear infection
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 1:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• If you press on the little bit of cartilage before her inner ear, does she wince? If so, she's got an ear infection.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 1:46 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would agree, either teeth or ears. All 3 of my kids have had ear infections when they were little with no fever, just some pain.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Sound like an ear infection good luck.
    mommy20507

Answer by mommy20507 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My daughter had been pulling on her ears since 5 1/2 months. She's 7 months now and got her first tooth a week ago. She has stopped doing it for the most part so it was probably related to the teeth. Could be an ear infection tho. Still take her in for sure!
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 3:37 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My son did the exact same thing and I took him to his pedi and he said it was because he was teething. He is 8 months old and he has 6 teeth...4 on top and 2 on bottom. But I would still take your baby to the doctor if she is uncomfortable
    kmwitt27

Answer by kmwitt27 at 5:44 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Could be teething. Some of the symptoms are similar.
    ljhkmommy

Answer by ljhkmommy at 6:47 AM on Feb. 16, 2009