• In the Spotlight:

37 weeks today and lactating?

Last night I kept waking up with fluid all over my chest. There was wet spots on my body pillow I was holding and it was only coming out of one boob. I have experienced the slow drip of the yellow gunk for the past few months but this was full blown leaking. out of only one boob. Is that normal? It has mostly stopped.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Its totally normal mama, your just getting ready to feed your baby when he/she gets here! Its a good thing that you are producing!!! Its why you have breasts, to feed your precious baby!
    jlizgar

Answer by jlizgar at 11:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yep perfectly normal. I've been getting that on and off for about 5 weeks now and I'm only 30 ish weeks along. I remember it happening a lot worse with my first child though. Constant soaked sheets and shirts at night. It was such a pain. I finally started wearing a bra and breast pads to bed and changing the pads when I got up to pee.
    Xynyth

Answer by Xynyth at 2:22 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes it is totally normal. It is the colostrum. If I were you I would go by some nursing pads that way you are not wet all night long.
    Anonymous