help

My dd is 11 months(1 year on March 14) Anywho she doesn't le to eat. She breastfeeds and rarely eats baby food. At her 10 month check up she was 16lbs. She hasn't grown any since. She s so small. Try to feed her table food but she doesn't want t. any SUGGESTIONS? She wears 6-9 months n clothes

RiyahsMommy08

Asked by RiyahsMommy08 at 1:51 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep offering. It's fine. My 18 mo old just hit 19 lbs. What about yogurt? Will she eat that? If so, go for plain whole milk yogurt. Avacado, banana, cheese. Those are all good options to offer. Breast milk is currently providing all the needed nutrition, but soon, you are right, she will need to eat food. She will eat when she is hungry, trust me. My 18 mo old son is also in 9 mo pants!
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i would be worried should about the same as my kids.. my son is 24ponds at 2.. just offer.. try offering food she can eat on her own.. my kids didnt like me giving it to them they wanted to do for them self but then my kids are like that i dont know just a though
    miss_nevin

Answer by miss_nevin at 2:05 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My 14 month old has just hit 20 lbs. She didn't want solids until a bit past a year, and is just now beginning table food. She is in the lower normal range. Docs are so used to seeing obese babies that they call our kids small when 20 yrs ago they would have been normal.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I agree with Colleen on every level!!!!! Society is like 60% (or some obscene number like that) OBESE and it almost always starts with babies. Just keep trying. You can mix fruits in with cereal and formula too. That might help to get the taste introduced and then go from there. If that doesn't work, ask the doctor.

Oh, and have you tried those baby crackers? They look like NutterButters and they help to teach chewing. She's old enough to eat them for sure and babies are prone to chewing one EVERYTHING. Just a thought.
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 3:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Try Baby Mum Mums....they're rice rusks and my daughter LOVED them. You can start giving them as soon as they start pureed foods. They get to hold them (which is always a favorite) and they literally melt in their mouths so they aren't a choking hazard. Our Wal-Mart has them.
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I feel for you. I was in your situation until my doctor told me firmly that I had to stop giving my baby (12mos) milk and start feeding her solids. Secretly I didn't want to because my lillte baby didn't want to eat baby food and I didn't want her to starve. But I saw where my doctor was coming from. If I continue to feel her milk, she won't be hungry enought to eat other foods.. So stop with the breast feeding. Your child is not getting enough nutrients from breastfeeding. You're going to have to experiment with all types of baby food until you find someting she likes..Anyways, I was so complety stressed out trying to get her to eat but eventually found that her favorite were sweet potatoes and anything with pasta. Even then she was picky and would stop at one or two bites..i don't know how she survived on so little food. NOw she is turing 2..somewhere, somehow..she is finding an appetite. What a relief
    Anonymous