Sunday for his hobbies

I was wondering if your husband has an entire day to himself and his hobbies. For example, my dh keeps Sunday to himself for his sports : he leaves the house 8 - 7.

Is this quite normal, or do you have different arrangements?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• No my DH does not have a certain day for a hobby or sport he does. He does go fishing sometimes. but he doesn't make it a regular day or times he is gone.

Have you ever went with him for the sport thing on Sunday 8 to 7? Has he allowedyou to go.  Sorry I would be suspicious.  Just me probably.

Answer by louise2 at 6:15 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• My husband works 84 hours one week and has the next week off. On his off week, he does his hobbies typically while I am at work and our son is at school. Occasionally, one of his hobbies does consist of a Friday or Saturday night but he has not done that hobby for about 6 months now. For myself, my hobby normally takes a good half-day and sometimes full day on Saturday. Most of the time my son comes with me and sometimes he stays home.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 6:16 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• No, my husband pretty much never has time for himself. He works all the time, and the few times he's home, he wants to sleep and spend time with the kids and me. We want to move soon, away from the city, and get into a slower pace of life.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:17 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• In the summer he likes to golf whenever he can find the time. It's always worked out ahead of time. If you are starting to resent him being gone so much, then you need to find a day that you are allowed out of the house for your own interests. Hopefully, you have time for dates w/ each other as well.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• My husband squeezes in his brewing when he can, but there's no established time for it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• An entire weekend day would be a bit much. There's a lot to do around the house, and my boyfriend works Saturdays, so Sundays are usually spent catching up. I wouldnt mind losing him to a hobby for a whole day once in a while, or for part of a day more often.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:52 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• No. I am my husbands hobby! Lol. But seriously, we spend all of our free time together. But we work a lot away from each other
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• my DH collects hobbies, so he cant devote one day to them all haha. but he would never just assume he can leave for a whole day every week. at least not unless he gave me the same privilege on say, Saturdays. i would not be okay with that.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 8:24 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• No. My husband will occasionally take 4-5 hours and play paintball with his friends on a Saturday/Sunday, but that's like once every other month if that. He usually wants to spend his free time with me and the kids.
    I would be very unhappy if he weren't around for a whole day every weekend.

Answer by missanc at 8:34 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• What hobbies take 11 hours???
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 5:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2013