Do you do all the school fundraising for your children or do you have your kids do it?

madmueller

Asked by madmueller at 6:22 PM on Feb. 24, 2013 in General Parenting

• I don't do it at all. I HATE fundraising. I would rather just donate money and be done with it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 6:23 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I let the kids ask family members... but other then that I am not having my kids pedal crap for anyone!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 6:25 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• Fortunately, we don't do too much of that. She sells GS cookies & that's about it. She might sell cookie dough for her softball team in the Spring, but that's it. The ones the school does is usually lame, like magazines.  She does the asking & calling.  The exception would be when my husb. takes the order sheet for the cookies to work. 

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• We bought something from them and that was that. We didn't really have family around or a bunch of friends to ask and anyhow- they had their own kids who were doing the same thing so...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 6:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• He asks family but I don't push it. I don't like the fundraisers the school does.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 6:29 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I don't do it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 6:48 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I've bought a few overpriced items I didn't especially want from my stepdaughter and stepson and a few kids at church over the years. But I can't stand it that kids have to peddle junk for the schools, and I don't plan to put much effort into the fundraisers when my daughter gets to that age. I'd rather just donate money.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:50 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• My daughter goes to private school. We only have the annual appeal and the auction.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:56 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• we dont do fundraising I will donate a certian amount and I am done

if I get others to buy then that means I have to buy from them and I hate the crapp they sell
    luvmygrandbaby

Answer by luvmygrandbaby at 7:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• We just do Box Tops.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 7:13 PM on Feb. 24, 2013