My husband acts like he is the same age as my son!! HELP

hi we just got married a yr ago and we hae been together for 5 yrs all together.He picks at everything my son does i left about 2 months again and he emailed me everyday sayin he loved us and wanted to make it work and i so belive he does he just dosent know how to show it.My son is his step son and my hubby has no kids of his own. But to me he picks at my son for whatever reason he has anything to get on to him about like this moring hubby got up made breakfast and because my son was eating cereal he wasnt allowed to have none and then at 12 oclock there was more left he told the child he couldnt have none cux he was goin to eat it.Im at my last wits end i wanna leave so bad but i have it in my head that he will change he is vurbal abusitive to me and my son and he hasnt changed none so far . and i dont think he will .and my son hates living here with him and he hasnt saw his dad in 6 yrs so what do i do as a parent stayrgo

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• I don't like this at all. I can see why you are disturbed. You husband seems to get a charge out of tormenting the child. My husband tried that a few times, he thought it was funny, but I let him know he wasn't to do it anymore and that it was not funny to make the child confused and worried. If your husband won't stop, you and he need to get counseling.

Answer by Bmat at 2:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• All I gotta say is that your child comes FIRST! Before any man, before any selfish decision you might make, and before your own feelings. HIS feelings should ALWAYS come first. I come from a mother who ALWAYS made selfish choices and it hurt like crazy because it felt like my feelings didn't matter. Bottom line, if he's not treating your son right...get out! It will either stay the same or get worse. You're letting this happen by giving in and coming back. Leave. Don't come back. You are worthy of a healthy happy relationship and so is your son. You'll find it. Good luck! xoxo
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 2:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• we have talked about the conslering thing and that hasnt happened neither . i just feel that things hav ent changed nor well they and i know this . i have tried so hard to make everything right with them both but i just feel that hubby dosent care i know he loves us but u am just at the point where the love isnt enough and to be honest i didnt miss him until he started emailin me and sayin what i wanted to hear there for a while it got better but it always goes to the same way it was before.it likes he looks for things to get on to him about .i know i have places to go but he tells me if i leave im not gettin nuttin i know im intitled to almost all i have here and the last time i left i was told that he would have to leave in order for me to get my things and the law will come with me cuz its dimostec viloence i never even knew it was consider that. i know when i do leave ill have to get a pto on him
    Anonymous

• and i have already6 had one filed marriage with my sons father and i dont want a neither but i r him dosent desirve to b treated like this .
    Anonymous

• not 6 marriages 1 failed marriage
    Anonymous

• Your son should come first. He is only a child for a little while and then he he grows into a young man. The relationship you have and the way his step-father treats him, is showing him that it okay for other people to act that way towards him. Once you figure out its not about you anymore than maybe you'll be able to become a better parent. Until then I wish your son all the best. It's never to late to change and you have a chance to now. Get out well you can and bulid a better relationship with you son then find someone who makes sure your son and you are what matter most.
    Anonymous

• Leave. Your child is your first priority. If this man doesn't respect your son then he needs to bounce.
    mommatime78

Answer by mommatime78 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I can't believe you're still questioning this.
    mamakat21

Answer by mamakat21 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2009