Stillborn...

I have so much anxiety about delivering a stillborn...Im 33 weeks and This runs through my head. I couldnt imagine going through that and my hearts go out to the women & couples that have.

Is this natural?... to have so much anxiety about it and it just pops out of no where. Ill be fine and than ill just have this rush of anxiety about it....

I dunno what to do.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It wouldn't be normal if you didn't worry over this. I think every woman that is pregnant has this concern and every other concern out there. Try and think positive. I was freaked w/ my son, he is healthy, and have been freaked out w/ this one as well. I don't think it matters if its your first or your fifth. Its normal!
    Tiffany237

Answer by Tiffany237 at 3:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It is a natural fear. For your sake you need to rise above this fear and think positively. Every time you start to feel the fear, speak silently (or out loud) that NO! I will not think about this! NO! This is doing no good! Train yourself to not permit this fear to take over. Say NO! and think quickly about something else.

Answer by Bmat at 2:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• first pregnancy? it's normal is be worried, but unless still born babies run in your family I wouldn't worry. Eat healthy, watch your baby's movements, talk to your doctor, take your vitamins and pray. Trust GOD he is control no matter what.
    maiahlynn

Answer by maiahlynn at 2:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My entire pregnancy I did the same thing, and also was afraid of having a severally deformed baby. I had nightmares about giving birth to kittens and a boston terrier. It is normal to worry.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Well, I was also one of the Moms that worried about this. I'd say things like " Oh, I feel so terrible for Moms that go through this" " I couldnt imagine delivering a stillborn baby"... etc etc. Well, that same pregnancy it was me delivering the stillborn baby. 30 weeks pregnant and of course I thought it was sad but never could hapen to me.... It WAS devastating. After being through it, I realize a lot more about how precious pregnancy is. I also know that worrying does no good. Is it in the back of my mind? Yes, but I don't let it take over. We got through it once and we trust that God will give us a healthy baby this time. He pulled us through. You really need to not let the fears pull you down. Try to relax, first baby or not... pregnancy is risky but beautiful! ;o)
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• "first pregnancy? it's normal is be worried, but unless still born babies run in your family I wouldn't worry. Eat healthy, watch your baby's movements, talk to your doctor, take your vitamins and pray. Trust GOD he is control no matter what. "

Whoa! This is the most uneducated responses I've heard in a while. Not all stillbirths result in something genetic or hereditary.......!! There are absolutely tons of things that can cause them, please don't try helping other Moms with misleading information. I know this first hand, there were no stillbriths in my family and no genetic diseases but guess what? It didnt help me.

OP: I do want to say that a lot of the times they can tell there is something wrong, with u/s and tests. Yuo should be perfect! If you need anything, just msg me
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i was just like you and i was CRAZY like, omg crazy. i needed zoloft to function. if you arent like me then good you dont need zoloft
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:14 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• don't feel bad after my lst two pregnancy losses in my first trimester iwas so scared and still am i am now 27 weeks and the baby's heart is strong but i still get scared about this topic and this issue all the time everyday it scares me completly i just pray alot throughout the day and hope i can have this baby and keep him..

GOOD LUCK AND BREATHE
    Katiebears89

Answer by Katiebears89 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009