How big does age matter to you in a relationship?

i can understand if the girl is older as in (20 and up) and the guy is in his 20' also. what about a girl being so much younger than you but u make the choice to move in too soon. if the girl is 20 and the girl is 25 or the girl is 24 and the girl is 30 or 35 thats a big difference they both are grown so what if they are younger than the guy but havent reach their twenties yet

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:01 PM on Feb. 24, 2013 in Relationships

• I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. If one is younger than the other and not all that mature, it could be a problem. Age differences would be less of a problem between two grown adults who are already established in their lives and know how to handle conflict.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:09 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• yes i was meaning that...if they are already 20 and up then thats grown enough but what about below 20 and the guy is over 20?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:12 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• I don't care what other people do as long as they're of age. For me personally more than 7 years older is too old and more than a year younger is too young.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 11:37 PM on Feb. 24, 2013

• After age 30 no one gives a shit. If they last that long, they can sort it out then.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• There is a world of difference between a 20 yo and a 30 yo, or there should be. A 30 yo that is interested in a 20 yo has got to be immature. I married my ex when I was 20 and he was 33. The age difference didn't seek to matter the first couple years but definitely contributed to our divorce.

Answer by missanc at 5:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Depends on the people involved in the relationship really. I have been with men 10 to 15 years older then me. But my DH of 24 years is 3 years younger then me.

Answer by louise2 at 7:02 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• My husband is 4 years older than me. I was 15 when we met, he was 19.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:13 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• i have dated guys 2 years younger than me but that's as young as i'd go....i have dated guys 7 years older than me, i don't really have a set limit on how old a guy should or shouldn't be...i'm not looking anyway, i'm married and he's 5 years older than me
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 7:54 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• This is a very confusing question.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 8:25 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I think it depends on maturity level and the older you get the less age difference matters. My DH is 18 yrs older than me but I feel like I've lived more than ppl my age. When we met we didn't discuss age, I thought he was younger, he thought I was older and soon it didn't matter.
    HHx5

Answer by HHx5 at 9:39 AM on Feb. 25, 2013