Does your husband/SO help with cleaning and/or cooking?

We both cook, but I do it most of the time because I don't believe in Him coming home from working hard at His job and doing it..but He does empty the dishwasher and take out the trash if I don't beat Him to it! hehe. Otherwise I do all the cleaning for not only the same reason as cooking, but because I'm OCD and have to have it done my way. haha. Plus I love to clean!

irishstarz

Asked by irishstarz at 3:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• My husband loves to cook so he does it a few times a week. He also takes out the trash and helps with dishes.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 3:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I do most of the cooking, but he will cook if he has to.

My husband picks up after himself, which is all I care about. i banned him from cleaning, because he doesn't do a very good job- I think it was part of his plan lol.
    Anonymous

• WE ARE EXACTLY THE SAME WAY IN MY HOUSE! MY HUBBY HELPS ALOT.
    TSSN88

Answer by TSSN88 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Not at all! I am a SAHM and he works so he says the home is all my job. :(
    Janet

Answer by Janet at 4:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Yes he cooks, does laundry and cleans on his days off (when it rains, LOL)!

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 4:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Hubby takes care of all the cars, house, anything that requires fixing.. He makes his list while he's gone for work and then when he's home, every 4 weeks, he gets it all done... I take care of the cooking, cleaning, etc... I think it's a fair trade. He takes care of all of his laundry, takes food on the road with him so he doesn't have to eat out when he's gone working. He works very hard for all of us and gives us an awesome life... The least I can do is household stuff.... I'm a SAHM btw...
    Anonymous

• HUBBY DOES ALL THE CLEANING AND THE GARDENING ON MY 5,000 SQUARE FEET HOME AND I DO ALL THE COOKING.

Answer by older at 5:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my SO and i dont live together. but we have dicussed the duties for when we get our own place, i will do ALL the cleaning- other than him just picking up after himself. and he will do most of the cooking, when he is home from work. i dont cook very well, and he is a picky eater. so we left most of the cooking up to him and the cleaning- well, i'm picky about how things should be cleaned, so i just took that duty. ha
    IWannaLoveAgain

Answer by IWannaLoveAgain at 6:39 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We both work so we both clean... I admit though he generally gets to the dishes before me... we also have a deal with the laundry... he always washes it then we kind of take turns- one folds- whoever didn't fold puts the clothes away.
    I also make him vaccuum becuase I hate vaccuuming, but I pick up the floor and dust and wipe everything down and such...
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 8:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• We both just do what needs to be done--we don't have any "set" job/chore assignments. Of course, there are some household projects that I leave exclusively for him like plumbing, and carpentry repairs/improvements--but if push came to shoe, I could figure them out! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:36 AM on Feb. 16, 2009