Do you go to church regularly? Why or why not? (Christians or non)

We are Christians and we do not attend church regularly. I find I get just as much from watching religious shows and church shows on television in the comfort of my home where I can be with my kids and pause to explain to them things they don't understand. We don't do this weekly either, but we do this when we get the opportunity and when we are all together, or when I am alone and need some encouragement. I do go to a military wives group that is sponsored by and at the Christian center we occasionally attend services at, and I have found this to be a great source of inspiration and learning of what God wants from us. Do you attend church regularly or not?

AprilDJC

Asked by AprilDJC at 3:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I used to attend weekly, but then I realized that a lot of the people in a church are often more fake than the people outside of the church. I've found that, for me, I actually get more from my own studying or worshipping. If I'm in a group setting, I'm not as comfortable with how I feel I want to worship or what I want to say in prayer, I always feel like everyone's watching each other. I know the Bible says we need to be with other believers, and I have friends and family who believe the same things as me, but we don't get together for a study group or anything. I think that sometimes just being us and focusing on our relationship is more important and can be more beneficial to us than going to an established and ordered service on a weekly basis...
    MamaPichette

Answer by MamaPichette at 3:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I haven't lately, but I need to get back into it again. There is a verse in the bible where God says to go to church so you can fellowship with other believers. I find that when I do that, it lifts me up. I want to get involved and join a women's group. I really would love some close Christian girlfriends that we could be there for each other, ya know?
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 3:30 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Amen for Joyce Meyer, Jesse Duplantis and Joel Osteen! Lol...I don't go to church regularly right now but I love all 3 of those people on tv.
    Anonymous

• Yes....We attend every week and I do Women's Bible Studies as well. There have been times I have stopped going to certain services available and sometimes I have to drag my butt out of bed to go but I'm always glad I do. I feel so much more connected to God and I love the praise and worship singing. I feel it's important to go to church to fellowship with other believers and to support things like Missions and community programs like chaplain services and youth services. I also love that my son goes to classes and learns bible verses and bible stories.....it makes me feel so happy to know he's growing in the Lord.
    When I don't go, like if my kids are sick, I feel like my whole weeks off to a bad start....
    deedee3849

Answer by deedee3849 at 3:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• No we never go to church.

Anonymous

• I love watching Joel osteen!
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 4:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Attended regularly when I was christian.

Dont go anymore. Might go to a UU church one of these days but as of right now, we are happy living our lives without weekly services of any kind.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 4:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I don't believe I need someone else to read and interpret things for me - your religion should be between you and your god...
    Anonymous

• I love going to church. I always leave feeling so peaceful and where I need to be. I missed this week though and I am so upset. My husband doesn't take to well to being sick (he thinks he's dying, what man doesn't when ill). So I had to stay at home and care for my husband and 3 children. I wish I'd just taken the kids and left him at home to care for himself. LOL
    momof3inTN

Answer by momof3inTN at 5:09 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My *church* is Mother Earth- so I never leave... and I work in one of the most beautiful nat'l parks in the world, it is where my hubby and I met, fell in love got married- even conceived one of our girrls while living there. So I have spiritual time almost daily. And the view from my front porch is out of this world... we sit on top of a ridge looking out over the Sierra Nevada foothills- covered in melting snow right now!!!
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009