Can a 10 month old have Blueberries?

i cant remember if blueberries is on the list of stuff not to give your child before 1 yr old.

AgentBrez

Asked by AgentBrez at 3:28 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I give my 10 mo. old pureed blueberries. However, if you're giving it to them as a finger food...make sure you squish them first...it can be a choking hazard. Little warning...they make the poo very dark...almost black when you give it pureed and they look like raisins in the poo when you give it as a finger food. Freaked me out the first time. =)
    ANGIE409

Answer by ANGIE409 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Also - they're a little acidic so less is more...or mixed with cereal or yogurt is good too.
    ANGIE409

• I don't know. Strawberries are on the list, but only in the US lol. In Germany they have Strawberry purees for 6 month old... :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:33 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I would LOVE to watch a 10-month-old eat blueberries! They'll love it! :D
    MommyHess

Answer by MommyHess at 3:34 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I gave my baby blueberries.

Angie409 is right-Babies poo will be very dark;)
    Anonymous

• http://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/blueberrybabyfoodrecipes.htm

Blueberries are not a common allergen - they are not in the allergenic "berry" family. Blueberries are related to cranberries - cranberries appear on many lists of "least allergenic foods". The blueberry is native to North America and is closely related to the cranberry. The blueberry shares no "family" relationship with the strawberry or blackberry or raspberry. Blueberries are not related to strawberries, raspberries and the like. Those "true" berries may be mild to highly allergenic. There are horticultural differences in blueberries/cranberries and straw/rasp/blackberries as well.

Cassieniccole

Answer by Cassieniccole at 3:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i was just gonna put what cassienccole just did. abel LOVED blueberries at that age, he still does!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 3:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• When my kids have blue berries (or anything blue) it turns their poop almost florescent green!

Unfortunately, they love them. ROFL
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• My next door neighbor gave her daughter homemade baby food right from the beginning, and when she was about 6 mth's old I remember her eating a LOT of blueberries. I just watch how MUCH she eats since it pretty much went through my neighbor's little girl. She also over did it and she had severe diaper rash.
    cmy3kids

Answer by cmy3kids at 3:59 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Absolutely you can give, I am giving my baby and she loves it. They are high in antioxidants.
    revathy

Answer by revathy at 4:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009