This has happened only when i drink wine, but not everytime... isnt this strange?

im a wine drinker.... so within 9 years ive had sweats, heart palpatations, dizziness, feels like i have to have a bowel movement and blurred vision. within 30 days ive had the same thing happen to me after drinking chardonney and other wines from a wine tasting. its a scary feeling. im wondering if i allergic to wine or just having a reaction. not sure but it only happens after i fall asleep, then i wake up panicky!! im not sure whats going on with me.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 9:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Yeah, I'd find a new drink. :(
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Stop drinking wine.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:49 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• That is strange. Does your face get all flushed?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:00 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• once my face was flushed!!!
    rosesrred1

Comment by rosesrred1 (original poster) at 10:41 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Hmmm. I sometimes get short of breath and really red. Is it every time? Have you taken any antacids prior to it happening?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:47 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It could be the combination of wines at a tasting, or it could be something that is found in one kind of wine and not others. Before I stopped drinking wine because some types cause migraines for me, I had trouble with certain ones that would make me really ill and queasy and miserable. I never knew when it would happen. No face-flushing, though.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:46 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• There is sulfur in wine. Maybe you have developed an allergy. Do you have high blood pressure? Maybe the wine is interacting with some medication you may be taking, even a type of vitamin?

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:51 AM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Sounds like a wine hangover. How much are you drinking at the tasting? If it's the whole winery that's your problem.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 12:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It does sound like you're having a reaction to something in some wine. I think you need to see the doctor, and no wine until you have talked with them about it.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 2:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Lots of people are allergic to sulfites which are found in red wines.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 11:08 AM on Feb. 26, 2013