Will I have trouble with my bladder if I have a partial Hysterectomy?

The doctor wants to take my cervix and uterous out will that effect my sex life? what should I do about this? Please someone answer this. Thank you.

Asked by Jms71315 at 3:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Health

• well my mom had a total hysterectomy and her sex life is fine

Answer by SThompson21 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• It won't affect your sex life physically, are you having your ovaries removed too? If you are, you might want to check into hormone treatments, theres different treatments, find out whats best for you. I had a total except I still have my cervix, and my sexual desire, libido or what ever you want to call it, did decrease. its still there but takes some coaxing, LOL, I do not use any hormone replacement.

Answer by Minnesotamom at 3:54 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had a complete hysterectomy last year and my bladder was not affected at all. In my case, they removed my ovaries along with my cervix and uterus. I feel so mcuh better, but my sex drive is gone. So I'm going to try an over the counter natural cream. I haven't used it yet though, so I can't say if it works or not. However, I think if you keep your ovaries, you still produce hormones so I think your sex drive stays the same. Not sure though.

• If you aren't having bladder problems now you shouldn't after the surgery. Partial means not the ovaries, right? So sex-wise you should be fine.

Answer by Bmat at 3:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had a partial 7 years ago and have never had a problem with my sex life, but I did start to get UTI's about twice a year and I've never had one before my surgery.

Answer by beeky at 7:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had a total hysterectomy a few years ago. I don't have leaking problems w/ my bladder, but i definately can't hold it as long as i used to be able to.

Answer by 4monkees at 7:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009