Annoying

My DH's cousin always invites us to her kids birthday literally.... The afternoon before.

One year I was just honest said: thank you for the invitation, we would have loved to go but it's hard when we are given notice the day before. She apologized but every kids birthday or event it's the day before I get a message on Facebook.

I just didnt respond this last time but I kinda want to write back and say sorry we couldn't make it if there's any way we could get more notice we would plan for it and get there. I also don't wanna be mean.

I have a hunch she doesn't want to invite us (she doesn't like that we aren't religious, she's made that clear once long ago)

I want to let her know I'm aware of what she's going but them again I might be getting immature(I'm human)

What bugs me most is it looks like to other family that we just don't care to go.

Should I post on her walk sorry we couldn't make it to his birthday on that short notice, maybe next time.

Skepticchick

Asked by Skepticchick at 3:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I would just drop it. If someone has a problem with you not going, they can always ask you about it. Making a public deal of it isn't going to end well for anybody.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 3:58 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• ON her walk is that a FB thing?
    I would answer on her FB page I am so sorry. We would have loved to come and if I had know before today I would have made sure not to make other plans. Have fun.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Well if you already told her short notice is bad for you and that's what she is still giving you than I guess she doesn't want you to come.

Me? I'd go with short notice because parties are fun and kids like them.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:14 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Meh, on the one hand I can see the invite the day before as a pain, but on the other hand it's family and they ALWAYS invite you so by this time you should KNOW when the birthdays are and probably expect them to do something the week of in terms of parties. It's not like the birthday changes days, only the party depending on what day of the week the birthday is on. It seems like a little courtesy is needed from BOTH sides here.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:17 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Two options:
    Do not go if you had other things planned and cant get out of.
    If it is a case of no time to get a gift, plan ahead for such event.
    In a case of this being a pattern or not liking you cross them off your list.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 4:42 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I'm not going to respond its just annoying.

I feel like she just says I have to tell'em ill just do it the day before. Other family gets more notice.

I'm a full time student mom, with a 28 year old sister who's dying (stage 4 colon cancer) I just need more notice to attend things.

Her pulling the day before invites I feel makes it look like we never want to show up, when its not the case.
    Skepticchick

Comment by Skepticchick (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2013