Inter racial marriages...

Now I have seen this many times on my facebook where churches are trying to revoke these marraiges. (dont understand how they can after the fact but ok) As well where some churches are trying to make these unions illegal in certain areas. No this is news I get mainly from canada mind you where my inter racially married cousin lives.

Question is: What is wrong with interacial marraiges on a religious bases? As well why go far as to try making it illegal? What are your thoughts on the topic?

hot-mama86

Asked by hot-mama86 at 4:37 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Religious Debate

• I have never heard anything like this before. I assumed when I clicked this I would find a "level 1" new member. But if it's real, then that's unfortunate.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 4:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Strange. Way back I know this was an issue but now it is so out of date I am amazed.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• the Bible verses ppl use to justify their hate for interracial marriage are OT verses. they are all used incorrectly...especially since they talk of the Hebrew people, not gentile Christians...

Leviticus 19:19, Genesis 28:1, Deuteronomy 7:2-3, Deuteronomy 22:9, Deuteronomy 23:2, Jeremiah 13:23
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Im still trying to find news clippings on it its stuff that's been posted my cousin I would assume is real. However who really knows Im asking on the pretense it is and continuing to look into it if I find some thing Ill post it
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• oh my thought is that it is as ignorantly fearful as homosexual marriages being illegal. i will never understand the thought that a marriage between consenting adults is somehow going to damage the world...be it interracial, homosexual, different classes, etc.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 4:47 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Well I found some thing saying Mississippi and Alabama want it illegal
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 4:48 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• OK kentucky church banns it....

http://abcnews.go.com/US/kentucky-church-bans-interracial-couples/story?id=15065204

Tennesse it is illegal but its one the seldom heard or used laws.

North Carolina banned it

OK so I guess its a little bigger then I thought not finding the Canada stuff though only US states banning it
    hot-mama86

Comment by hot-mama86 (original poster) at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I'm not the least surprised that even today people have trouble with it. I'm married to a white dude (European mix - raised Catholic) but my parents are from India (Hindu). Part of the reason I don't talk to them anymore is because the couldn't handle the idea of me dating or marrying someone so beneath us. They actually said "What next? Will I bring home a pig?" Please understand that not all Hindus think this way about others, just like not all Christians have a problem with it, but the caste system over there primes the assholes for this kind of thinking.

Why would any religion object? It's the side of religion (most of them) where people cling to it in order to feel special and better than others. Why make it illegal? Because they are terrified and stupid, and somewhere in their primitive minds there is the thought that the law should "protect good people" and that's as far as they have gotten.
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 4:53 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Interesting I would think they would know by now that that is beating a dead horse.

They can choose not to sanctify the marriage in their churches but can't do anything about the legality of the marriages. They can even oust them from the church but I do not think they can retroactively do anything even about the sanctifying of the marriages that have already been done. I will be interested to read anything you come up with especially here i the states.
    weird.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• There is a church in kentucky trying to ban interracial couples here is a link to articlehttp://www.splcenter.org/blog/2011/11/30/kentucky-church-no-interracial-couples-welcome/
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 25, 2013