They say the average baby cries 1-4 hours a day

Do you find that to be true?

If my baby cries ONCE during the day I am absolutely surprised.

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 5:20 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You must be great at anticipating her needs. My babies never cried that much either. I suppose the colicky babies effect that avg! :p

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 5:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Not the case with my first. My second was fussier....maybe two hours/day at the most.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 5:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It's an average, so it takes babies like mine into consideration. Mine had silent reflux and by the time he was diagnosed, he was screaming 20 hours a day. I don't remember much about those first three months because none of us ever slept.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 5:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• My son hardly ever cried

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:29 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Not my first but I believe my second hit pretty close to the higher end of that scale. lol. She cried over everything from birth to about 3!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:07 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I had a severe refluxer so that is on the low end for us. My niece was the same and screamed for hours at a time b/c of undiagnosed reflux.
    coala

Answer by coala at 7:30 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• My baby was in a brace to fix a congenitally dislocated hip and cried for hours at a time till she could stop wearing it. I would have been glad for one to four hours a day in those early months!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:01 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I think a kid's personality also influences things. When he was tiny, my son would just cry for about an hour or two towards the end of the day and I had no idea of how to calm him down. Now that he's older and I know him better, I think he just got so overwhelmed and tired (because he NEVER wants to sleep - too much to see and do) that it would just boil over and he had to let it out.

Sounds like you have a happy kid!
    Sebbiemama

Answer by Sebbiemama at 10:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2013