It's so over... and It's so Sad...

My 12 yr old has gotten his first official set of papers for Jr/High school for the 2013-2014 school yr
and I am so sad... bc he is so grow'd up and this has been the "Last" of everything yr...
The last to make holiday treats... the last of going with him to school in the mornings... the last of everything... so so so sad...

And the hardest part of all of this is... He is my grandson that I have been raising... I have already gone thru this with both of my dd's and thought "wow" it's done, well "NOT".... now it's off to Jr/High school...

Just wanted to vent...lol...

gmasboy

Asked by gmasboy at 6:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• He may surprise you. You can enjoy the next phase of his life now. ((hugs))

Answer by Bmat at 8:23 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• You're never too old for holiday treats. But I am feeling the same way. My son is a HS senior. I find myself bursting into tears all the time. He will have his last hockey game tomorrow. I know I'm going to lose it.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 6:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It is a big change. My youngest started Jr. High this year. I miss elementary school too.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:33 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Awww. Why is all that stuff over?!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 6:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Mine is going to middle school in the fall too.
    I look forward to not having all that stuff though.
    Mine goes from taking the bus to walking with me to school. It's 3 blocks away

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:32 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• *Hugs* I feel your pain. I felt that way when my boys started Jr. High, & then High School. It goes way too fast!
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:40 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I feel for ya. My youngest will start middle school next fall. The oldest started college this year, and 2nd dd started high school... third dd started middle school this year. It was hard enough when the oldest went through all these "lasts" and "firsts", but then I still had my youngest to cling to! Now what do I do? I'm not sure I want everything to go so quickly!
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 8:16 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It does seem sad--I know, my daughter will be going to kindergarten in the fall. But here's to all the exciting times still to come, for us both!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:31 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I know it's a change, but it's a change that I guess I just am not so ready for...lol.... tho I have always
    looked forward to being an empty Nester at some point in time, but I guess it's just coming so fast...lol...

I was told to start my Grad planning now too..lol... just so fast...lol...
    gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 7:38 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Oh how our children grow up so fast ... and then you are just saying "WOW"... Just "WOW"..

gmasboy

Comment by gmasboy (original poster) at 9:10 PM on Feb. 25, 2013