Edible image?

I ordered my daughter's fifth birthday cake from the bakery at King Sooper's this afternoon. There wasn't a butterfly cake in the catalog, but the staff person I talked to said that if I had a picture, she could use it to make an "edible image." I happened to have one of the party invitations in my purse, so I gave it to her and asked if it would do. She said yes, but she was about to get off for the evening and there was a line behind me, so I didn't have time to ask her what she meant by "edible image" or how she would go about making one. Has anybody heard of this? Is she just going to copy the colors as best she can, or is it some kind of tracing technique or what? Not an earth-shattering thing; I'm just curious.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 9:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Food & Drink

• for my dad's 50th my mom used a picture of him from when he was like 7 and they used the edible paper. it was fun eating my dad's eye balls haha
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• They make edible printable paper with food coloring. They use special printers to copy the image and print the image on the edible paper.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 9:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• "Your photo or logo, in edible ink, is printed onto sheets of frosting which are made of Water, Corn Starch, Corn Syrup, Cellulose, Corn Syrup Solids, Vegetable Oil, Arabic Gum, Sugar, Modified Starch, Glycerin, Polysorbate, Vanilla, Artificial Color and Citric Acid."

I have heard of this and they are edible.

Answer by Bmat at 9:22 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Theyre pretty cool.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:25 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• ever get ready to post something and then realize the OP will have no idea what the hell you're posting, lol
    i almost posted an image :)
    yeah they are really neat and if it's the same pic as on the invite it will tie in nicely and you should get kudos
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:35 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I had them for my kids' birthdays one year. They make a printed sugar sheet. They came out great.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:43 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• What every one else has said
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:02 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• it is a special printer
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 9:27 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• even a photo of a child

sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 12:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I have seen it but I don't know how they do it.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 10:58 AM on Feb. 26, 2013