Baby is having trouble sleeping

I have a 6 month daughter and for the past week she's been refusing naps and fighting to stay up at night. Her teeth are really close to breaking through but I don't think that's it. She's clearly over tired. She will curl up on the floor while she's crawling and close her eyes but when I pick her up she just wants to play. Is this just a faze that I have to ride out? What should I do?

xHeiligx

Asked by xHeiligx at 11:19 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• She is stressed so a gentle massage should help
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 11:21 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• It may be her teeth, even if she's crashing as she crawls. Can you try a cold teether for her to chew on?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Can you let her nap right there on the floor? That's what a frazzled friend of mine did.  Other than that have a set sleep time routine that you do all the time. The same soothing, music, cuddling, etc and she will pick up on those cues and know it is time for sleep.  You may have to let her fuss a litle after doing your routine.   Watch for signs of being tired and do the routine.  GL

silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:56 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• It may well be her teeth. Her little body is stressed due to the teeth coming through and doesn't know what to do. Personally when mine got to that point I either wore them so they could sleep whenever or if they fell asleep I left them there. Good luck. It is common at this age.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:05 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I am a firm believer that if a baby is not sleeping they are uncomfortable, could be her teeth. However maybe she just at a really active curious phase and doesn't want to miss any of the action? Sorry I don't have a solid plan for ya. Have you tried giving her some medicine to see if it helps?
    mlmsm928

Answer by mlmsm928 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• My daughter did the same thing I let her nap it out on the floor. She was teething and any rest she could get I let her get it. Now this made for a tired mommy but it passes. And you will get on a schedule soon. Good luck!
    1sttimemommy197

Answer by 1sttimemommy197 at 10:55 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• it should fade infact since this post is old i'm guessing it's better already.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:42 AM on Aug. 1, 2013