What was your reaction to the torture scene in Casino Royale?

My 11 year old son and 13 year old daughter and I watched the James Bond movie Casino Royale tonight. My son just recently became interested in 007 and the previous movies were harmless enough. Much to my surprise, this one was more violent then I expected, particularly toward the end. For those who haven't seen it, Bond gets tied to a chair with a hole cut out in the seat and the bad guy swings a heavy rope into his balls.

I found it particularly interesting how each of us had a different reaction to the scene. My daughter and I found it funny and laughed, while my son, who also laughed a little (although it sounded more nervous than anything), began acting as though he was the one who was getting hit in the balls. Apparently, boys feel sympathy pain down there lol.

What was your reaction to this scene? If you haven't seen it and are curious, search "casino royale torture scene" on Youtube.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:24 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I was half laughing, but I definitely winced aa couple of times. My ex, who went & saw it with me when it came out, had to cover his eyes & pulled his hips back in the seat.
    KA91

Answer by KA91 at 11:28 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• lol yeah that was a brutal scene, especially for James Bond. I love that movie though, it is one of my favorites, i had forgotten about that scene though :P Have you seen the new one? It was SOOOOO good, we bought it on dvd when it came out and have already watched it a couple of times :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 12:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Yeah, this James Bond (Daniel Craig) seems much more physically aggressive than the last James Bond (Pierce Brosnan). Pierce was more of a sauve, smart ass, sexual innuendo kind of person... Daniel Craig is more physical, it seems to me...
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Previous movies were harmless enough? Killing, women being slapped, objectified and belittled? I don't consider that harmless.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 2:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2013