How do I turn a his and hers bathroom sink into a hers sink and vanity?

I have a his and hers sink in my master bathroom. I have no need for a his side so I decided that I want a vanity for all of my beauty products and make up. Any ideas on how I can pull this off? Thanks ladies.

Bugzmomma

Asked by Bugzmomma at 11:49 PM on Feb. 25, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• contractor
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:51 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• I was kind of hoping for some diy kind of advice. Anyone know any good sites for tips or even some of your own?
    Bugzmomma

Comment by Bugzmomma (original poster) at 11:54 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• Eh, I would put a piece of wood over the basin of the sink. But I'm lazy like that.
    keisha613

Answer by keisha613 at 11:56 PM on Feb. 25, 2013

• You could goole it. I do know that lowes and home depot give classes every month or so and are usually willing to talk to you about doing almost any home repair or renovation. Basicall you will shut the water of and detatch both sinks and faucets.. Youw ill have to cut through the calking or sealant around the counter and around each sink. and faucets. You will then remove each sink and the counter. clean p the area and close off the sink that you do not wish to use anymore. You may be able to slavage the one sink or you may have to eplace it. So of course you have measure the area for the counter and hve purchased the counter and the sink and faucets. If you are wanting to use the sink you have you will need to cut the hole in the countertop ( or your would have it done where you bought it) then you will put it in to make sure it all fits. and then take it back off. Do you really want me to go on?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 12:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Honestly, I would do a temporary fix over it that would be removable in the future. Taking out that second sink will be a big mistake if you ever sell that house. People expect two sinks in their master bathrooms.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I agree with JJK about not removing the second sink because it could take away from the resale value of the house. Just spread out over the whole counter. Heck, you might even be able to put some kind of a sunken make-up carousel into the unused sink, so if you drop a lipstick, it won't roll away. I'm not the crafty type, but it's worth considering.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Buy a peice of granit or marble and just lay it over the other sink. Wala fixed.

Answer by louise2 at 6:45 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• And you should not elimenate the sink all together. For resale value. Most people like double sinks in the bathroom.

Answer by louise2 at 7:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2013