Is it tacky to wear white gold and yellow gold?

All of my nice jewelery is yellow gold but I do have some white gold and silver pieces that i like to wear! My wedding ring is in yellow so I always wear it. Is it tacky to mix in the white / silver with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have seen many pieces of jewelry that combine white and yellow gold. I have one piece that is white gold, yellow gold and pink gold combined into a wreath of roses. It is stunning. Wear what you like. You have only yourself to please!
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 4:23 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I think it just depends on the person. Like the above poster said, they do make two toned jewelery, so it must not be that bad..but I personally don't mix :P Only white gold.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I hope not. I mix. My rings are gold, and I usually have white gold/silver earrings. lol. I have one pair of earrings that combines both.
    mrseum

Answer by mrseum at 4:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I like yellow gold, but my ring is two toned, the setting is white gold and the band is yellow gold. Just buy a piece of two toned jewelry to tie it together!!!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 5:10 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• no! My first wedding band was a mixture of white and yellow gold
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• actually i think thats the "in"thing right now- i sometimes mixed yellow and white gold.
    sandraberke

Answer by sandraberke at 11:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• what used to be consider taboo is now in! My weeding band is actually both. Mixing is not as 'tacky as it used to be, even a little rose gold in there is great!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:51 PM on Feb. 16, 2009