Is there something that no matter what, you just can't seem to catch a break on?

Mine would be toilet seats. In the past 7 years I have moved three times and all three places the toilet seats kept breaking. The bolts come out, the lid breaks off and one seat even cracked in half! At my current place I have replaced the toilet seat twice. Now it's broke again. I have told kids and babysitters not to just plop on the stupid things, to sit down gently but last night my sitter informed me that the lid broke off of this new seat. So I said screw it, I'm not buying another one I just put duck tape around the sucker and said to hell with it.

AnonNdrag

Asked by AnonNdrag at 8:34 AM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Home & Garden

• getting a "real" job...

I went to cosmetology school- graduated- took state boards and failed the practical by TWO points (unfortunately,had a model with super thick long hair -and they time everything) then moved out of state before getting the results back- that state had no resiprocity. Went back to stay with friends and re-take it with a different model and the morning of it she called and said she couldn't go- her kid was sick...long story short- never got the license :(

went to a bank teller training thing- was 2 weeks long and after, I applied at a BUNCH of banks- not even one call back for an interview

went to school to do nails (shorter than starting over with cosmetology) -not realizing that most nail techs pay for their spaces, and living in a state where I had no friends or family, getting clientele was going to be a bitch...live and learn -sa thing is that I actually GOT that license

*sigh*
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• My adult DD's. Doesn't matter what I say. I have tried to make them understand I am not the same person. We are all adults now. I am not a mother of under age kids. Not working. they still are clinging to there, I am a monster.

Answer by louise2 at 9:04 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• if there is a problem with the paperwork it will be my paperwork
    with daugher's ABA
    have heard - "this never happens" "do not know why that was not sent" "odd, this was never filled out by __ agency" etc etc

just got another one of those yesterday
    and ABA office blaming county, county blaming ABA office
    will delay therapy again, this time two weeks through more than a month, depending how long this red tape takes
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 9:37 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Laundry, that shit is never done in my house. I will get it all done but once everyone strips down for the night bam another load. I hate laundry!!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:02 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Everything, literally every thing. I'm convinced that if one good thing could just happen, it would create a snowball effect of goodness. But, instead, I continue to be stuck in blah.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:17 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Sorry to hear that Louise2 I hope it all works out. My kids are very young but my family thinks of me as some uneducated welfare mom that refuses to work full time or earn a good living as though I have a choice. No matter how hard I try to explain to these people that raising two children with Autism and other disorders (daughter has epilepsy) is not like raising typically developing children they just frown and say I am making excuses. I do what I can to keep my kids comfortable happy and healthy but in the eyes of my family it is never good enough. They always call and say I heard about this job and there is this company that will babysit for disabled kids. I checked it out, yeah they charge 10 dollars an hour and I make less than 9. How does that help me? Oh well, I know I'm doing my best so I just shrug it off and keep doing what I'm doing.
    AnonNdrag

Comment by AnonNdrag (original poster) at 9:11 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Just want things to work out and get to a place of my own. Time is hard to wait for and hoping nothing goes wrong in the process.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 10:59 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• The ice skating rink at the bottom of my porch steps. I'm stuck in the house yet again today because I almost fell trying to take out the trash. Can't afford to get a rail put in because it has to meet theaesthetic requirements of the HOA which makes it damn expensive. The HOA is supposed to send someone out to fix the roof leak that causes the ice build-up, but I've called countless times over the past few years. Someone comes out and looks at the problem, and that's as far as it ever goes. It's ruining the roof and making my life difficult every winter, besides driving me crazy!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Housework!!! Gosh it seems like it never gets done. And it seems like the laundry is never done.
    mfagnan

Answer by mfagnan at 10:02 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Yes, it certainly seems that way with a few things.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:41 PM on Mar. 1, 2013