My 2 year old daughter has destroyed everything, and is doing it on a regular basis

So, this is an on going thing that stresses me out. My daughter, who is 2 years old turning 3 in April, destroys everything in the house.
Let me start with this: My parents are control freaks that took my daughter's crib away without my consent, and now I have a little girl getting up early in the morning before I'm awake and destroying things. I shut doors, try to put things back so she can't reach them, but 2 days in the row of cleaning up tooth paste off the wall with a side of mascara and lipstick, blush, and facial makeup-I'm exhausted. I can't stop her, and I'm a single mom. Please help!

Abagail J.

Asked by Abagail J. at 9:44 AM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you went down to her level and told her no and put her in time out?
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:54 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• So put a gate on her bedroom door and if you know she wakes before you, then you need to start getting up before she does. Put her crib back up, if your parents are " controlling" move out.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:00 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Make her help clean it up.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:03 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• my daughter does the same, she is a very energetic ball of fun! lol make sure you baby proof your house really well and keep her out of rooms that may be too dangerous for her to be in.-- my house for example... we have a toy room upstairs and multiple bedrooms.. i put child proof door handles on every hall way door so that she cant get into any of the rooms during the day, the bathroom has locks on each cabinet and toilet paper is up high. and the toy room is the only room left open and i removed the door knob so she cant lock herself in. lol she still gets into things every so often (her little sistesr desitin cream for example) - when she gets into things she goes to time out and we talk about how that was a no no. but curiousity always seem to win.. until she grows out of it its best to make sure the things she does get arent dangerous.
    nnh_mama

Answer by nnh_mama at 10:06 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Buy THIS, and put it where she sleeps.  Put the receiver end in your bedroom.  It will chime when she's up and moving around.

JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 10:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Baby gate her room off so, she can only destroy her stuff if she wakes out early.
    3libras

Answer by 3libras at 10:21 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Ha! I think our daughters have been talking to each other. We've had to put an alarm on her door that alerts us when she's opened it.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:23 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:30 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Sadly, I live on my own, in a 2 bdr apartment, so even though they aren't living here, for some reason they think they are her parents and make her decisions for her. I texted my dad today that she needs her crib back, and I haven't received anything back. I do need to purchase those door knob things(had them before and they disappeared?). I just sat scrubbing my living room for 30 minutes getting yesterdays and this mornings mess up. I don't wanna be the mom that pulls out the wine glass and drinks before 5pm, let alone 12 noon. I love my daughter more than life itself, but I'm a single mom that has only 1/2 my body working because the other half is damaged nerves from brain surgery, and I never have enough energy to clean up after her mess.. Thank you everyone for your advice, and I'll do my best to incorporate it.
    Also another question: Anyone know how to get toothpaste out of the carpet? Thanks
    Abagail J.

Comment by Abagail J. (original poster) at 11:28 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• So understand what you are going through. My 2 & 4 y/o's are partners in crime. We've put locks on doors & done everything we can think of & they still destroy everything & get into everything. Oh the joys!! We have everything that could hurt them put up to where they can't get into it, we use a monitor & baby gate, & make them help clean up. W/ me it's during the day, though since the gate keeps the 2 y/o in until I'm awake. Hang in there, they will grow out of it... about the time they go off to college.. lol
    HappyEndings

Answer by HappyEndings at 11:32 AM on Feb. 26, 2013