So I got some tofu...

... and now I don't know what to do with it, lol.
I did cook a couple of tofu dishes when I was in culinary school, but I never really become fan. I didn't hate it, though. My DH is a little more suspicious and I need a tried and proven recipe to make him try it.
Any tofu eaters here have a good one?

momto2boys973

Asked by momto2boys973 at 10:09 AM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Food & Drink

• My best recipe is..

Throw it away
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 10:12 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Dice-sized cubes, season with herbs and spices of your choice, and honey... Pop it in the oven at 375 until it's crispy on the outside.

DELICIOUS.

Any other form of tofu is unacceptable.
    FreeForAll

Answer by FreeForAll at 10:13 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Open the package and drain. Then put it in something like a colander to drain it further, with a couple of plates on top. We marinate in soy or teriaki sauce, with assorted herbs and spices, usually ginger and garlic to start. Then you can cook as FFA, suggested, or stir fry in a pan or wok or slice it and bake/grill it.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:24 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• It is an acquired taste that I did not acquire.
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 10:39 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Dubu Jorin

1/2 cup soy sauce
    3/4 cup water
    1 tablespoon red pepper powder (finely ground)
    1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
    3/4 cup scallions, sliced
    1 teaspoon lime juice
    1/8 cup toasted sesame seeds

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and let it sit 30 minutes.

Take 2 blocks of tofu and slice it into thin rectangles and then pat them dry. Heat a skillet with a few tablespoon of oil. Sear tofu on each side for 3-4 minutes, until it's light brown. Allow the tofu to cool to room temp. Place the tofu on a baking dish, or any other container with a large surface area. Pour the marinade over the tofu, cover, and refrigerate for 6-8 hours. Turn the tofu once or twice during this time, so that all of the piece get marinated. Serve chilled.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:40 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Btw, Dubu is one of the things I take on summer picnics. Nobody believes that it's tofu.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 10:42 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I always get tofu, my favorite thing to do with tofu is, cook it on both sides and put it in my salad. =) nothing special but it taste great!
    or this is great when you have some time

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/tofu-parmigiana/detail.aspx
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:50 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• The only time I eat Tofu & I LOVE it! Is from the Chinese restaurant. I get Mixed Vegetable Delight with Tofu added. YUMMY!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:38 AM on Feb. 26, 2013

• If it's curd-style, not silken, press it before using. Cut into 1" thick strips, and press between towels under a plate with a couple pounds of cans on it for 30 minutes. Then, cut into cubes, and put it in a savory marinade (you don't have to add fat to the marinade for tofu) for 15-30 minutes. After that, I like to douse it in cornstarch and fry it until GBAD before putting it in things. I also minimize cooking after that, because it breaks easily.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 12:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Call 751-1111! Pizza Hut de-li-ve-ry! Leave the tofu in the fridge and urder up a deep dish instead!
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2013