Am I in trouble?? help!

Ok I am receiving welfare benefits right now. I have a boyfriend who owns his own home and pays his own bills at his house. He comes over to my house all the time, but we don't live together and he doesn't pay bills at my house. Well a fraud investigator from the county came over two weeks ago and asked if I had a boyfriend living with me. I explained to the guy that he does not live here, and my boyfriend who was over at the time even had to show him his drivers license to verify that he didn't live here. Now what happens? I'm like freaking out here because I don't want to get in trouble over something that I didn't do. I report my income each month truthfully. will i get arrested? im still getting march benefits so im assuming they didnt pursue charges? im scared and need comforting.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:30 PM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably not
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:32 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• My guess is that they had someone "turn you in" and they investigated. They have or are verifying the facts and the case will be dropped.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:33 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• it scares me cuz you hear horror stories and i actuallly do what im supposed to do. im stressed enough and i dont need this.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Someone probably called it in cause he is there more than just to visit and even if he has a home someone else and an ID with that address does not mean he is not overstaying his visits at your home.

virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:39 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Probably a nosy neighbor.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I have been constantly in fear that i am being watched or something, I dont know what to do.. should i just try and let it go and not worry? Thanks Ladies!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Just make sure he is not in your home as much as he has been.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I would ask how often he's staying the night that is causing people to think he's living with you.
    If there's no fraud going on there's nothing to freak out about.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• If he does not live there they, can not do anything to you. Someone you know or a neighbor turned you in. Make sure he leaves nothing of his over at your house. Maybe you should start visiting him.
    Stop worrying. If they haven't been back. they probably droped it.

Answer by louise2 at 6:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• He has a couple pairs of jeans and some socks and underwear at my house in my dresser. nothing else of his is here, he is pretty much here every day that he doesn't have to work, which is 4x a week that he has off, and he spends the night. I have anxiety disorder so that is why i am worrying, i cant help it to be honest with you guys. he doesnt give me any money or contribute to my household.. i just hate that i feel watched.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:04 PM on Feb. 26, 2013