What would you say or do when your ds11 is spending way too much time in the bathroom?

Even though he says he's taking a dump then he'll take a shower...He's in there at least 45 mins. (Luckily we have 2 bathrooms) So I just let him be.
I'll ask him if he is alright he'll say yeah...I just tell him to make it quick stop messing around.

Thanks for reading!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• I don't say anything other than don't leave the bathroom a mess. Whatever he wants to do in there is fine by me.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Leave him alone, he's probably rubbing one off.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 5:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Let him choke the chicken in peace

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Masturbation is normal and healthy.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I would also- NOT saying anything about masturbation- discus how he is older and you want to start respecting his privacy so you will start knocking and waiting to be invited in (waiting with in reason of course) I would consider getting him a 'do not disturb sign' Make his room his safe place so he is not taking up the bathroom.
    Anonymous

• I leave him (12) alone unless he has mentioned an upset stomach or something. I have two bathrooms so unless we are all sick and all need quick access I am ok with him taking time in the bathroom.
    If I found something in the bathroom that made me worry, I guess I would be more interested in his bathroom habbits.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:38 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• nothing, glad he is taking a shower, and doing whatever else, LOL!
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 5:45 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I don't say anything unless someone else needs to get in there. If that's the case, I just knock and tell him he needs to get done and get out of the bathroom, because other people are waiting to use it. We all know what they're doing in there, no need to draw any more attention to it. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:35 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• As long as he is doing what he says he is doing in there its not an issue.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:37 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Depends on how many times a day he is doing it. If it was more then once a day I would have a talk with him. Masterbating is one thing. But taking a shower every time he does it. Is a waist of water and money, My money not his.  We take showers once a day around here. 

Answer by louise2 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 26, 2013