Have you ever been stood up by a family member?

My aunt called me yesterday to let me know she was in town but at the moment my dh& I were going to do our daily walk/jog. I asked her if I could call her back later (time was 1:15pm) My aunt was staying with my other aunt who lives here (her sister). OK so by the time we are done its almost time for my kids to come home from school so I fix them a snack as time goes by I have to get my dh's lunch ready for work.
So when I am done I call my aunt (time was 4:30) no answer but I left a message.
She calls me back at 7:15pm (by this time we weren't going anywhere bc it was a school night) not to mention it was so windy like scary windy I did not feel like stepping out no where. So when I talk to her I asked if it was ok to meet in the morning to give me a call alittle after 8:00 am. I should be done dropping my kids off at school this time would be perfect. We agreed.
Well I get ready I am ready by 8:00am so I wait & wait no call from her so I call her @ 10:30am and no answer it goes to voicemail...I just hung up.
I don't know what to think...If she was not able to get together why not call me and tell me something...I feel like a big dummy just waiting and watching TV. I could have done something better with my day. I waited til 11:30am.
Sorry so long but I needed to vent somewhat...Thx!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:47 PM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Relationships

• I would just wait till she calls again and than tell her to come over.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Maybe she feels stood up by you. She called you at 1 and you didn't call her back until 4:30 and then you put her off until the morning.
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:11 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• @ Mrs.Prissy...you think???
    Wow I did not mean to do that to her...we all have lives when she called me we were at the jogging trail already then I had to take of my family. I mean she could have just called me this morning to let me know we won't be meeting...that's all.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:21 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Yeah, she should have called, as well, but maybe her feelings were hurt?
    Mrs_Prissy

Answer by Mrs_Prissy at 6:23 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• You are right that your were just tending to your life. And you know that. And you didn't call her back until it fit into your schedule because you know you were legitimately busy. But she doesn't know all of that... She is waiting from 1 to 4 for a call from you. Now, maybe her life has gotten more hectic, and she is rushed with things she is trying to get done so she can call you. She knows all of that. But you don't...

Do you see what could have happened here? Just because you know it is justified busyness you have to do, doesn't mean she did, and maybe she is now the one who is busy.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 6:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Yeah, I have a family member that does this. It is so aggravating

booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 6:22 PM on Mar. 1, 2013