I need some ideas...... Please help if you can

So I want to start making healthier meals for dinner and lunch. Dinner is not my biggest worry because we usually have a meat, veggie and some sort of side but I want a bigger variety. I am tired of cooking the same old meals all the time. For lunches, I have no cool where to beging. Both of my kids love fruits and veggies but what do I make for the main part of the meal is the question. I also want snack ideas to give my kids a variety of choices that are healthy for them besides eating a fruit and/or veggie all the time. I'll be honest, we are not the most healthy family and we certainly have not been eating very healthy but hubby and I want to start and make the change for all of us. We want to teach our kids healthy eating habits now so that it'll stick with them for the rest of their lives. So we are transitioning right now and we need some ideas/recipes that give us a variety.

So what websites are good for healthy meal recipes?

SMG1120

Asked by SMG1120 at 6:57 PM on Feb. 26, 2013 in General Parenting

• My son enjoys salads you can use left over chicken or tuna with the veggies and light dressing, sandwiches with hummus spread vice mayo and whole grain breads or wraps, lettuce wraps with veggies and steamed fish and you use romaine lettuce as the bread and the sauce can be sweet and sour sauce or ranch dressing. For snacks string cheese, nuts, baked crackers, and the old stand by ants on a log, celery with peanut butter and raisins, hummus and fresh veggies. These are all filling and relatively healthy.
    amandajoy21

Answer by amandajoy21 at 7:10 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• I'm not a super health nut but we eat fairly healthy. My kids like natural peanut butter with a thin layer of all fruit spread on whole wheat bread. I cook enough for suppers that we usually can eat the leftovers for lunch the next day. In the winter I'll do a big pot of stew and we'll eat that for supper one night and then for lunches for a couple days. Wrap meat in whole wheat tortillas for a non traditional sandwich. Make cheese quesadillas with the same tortillas. You can also make healthy pizzas on tortillas.
    For snacks, my kids like dry cereals (Cheerios, mini shredded wheat, etc) especially with some raisins thrown in. String cheese and yogurt are other favorite snacks. Apples with peanut butter, grape tomato halves with ranch.

Answer by missanc at 8:00 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• PINTEREST!

It's turned me into an amazing cook!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 8:29 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Yogurt and string cheese are great snack options, as well as baby carrots, those little cutie oranges, and bananas. My daughter also still eats dry Cheerios fairly often, or dry Mini Wheats. Variety is the key; what she loves one week, she won't touch the next. So I keep things changed up with each grocery list.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:54 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• spark people has a sub-site just for recipes - sparkrecipe

You can search by specific requirements - vegan, low fat, gfcf, etc, and they have user reviews with suggestions on variations.

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 2:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2013