Speaking of One Million Moms...can they manage to boycott them ALL?

Dozens of big U.S. companies to back gay marriage

Over 60 companies are filing an amicus brief in support of gay marriage this week. Companies include Apple, facebook, eBay, Intel, Nike, Xerox - more listed in the link, and even more than are listed there.  OMM has a habit of calling for a boycott of any company that does anything remotely supportive of the GLBT community.  Will they be able to pull off a boycott of all of them, beginning with facebook, where they do the majority of their campaigning and advertising?

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 9:12 PM on Feb. 26, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Probably not, unless they are gonna revert back to the pioneer days.
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 9:13 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• They don't care about actually boycotting the companies just making a loud enough stink to get people to pay attention to them. (How many of them are seen posting comments on their facebook page from their apple product such as the iphone)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:15 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Probably not, unless they are gonna revert back to the pioneer days

I just laughed so hard a this for no reason (okay there is a reason)
    KristiS11384

• I just laughed so hard a this for no reason (okay there is a reason)

It's everywhere - I used it for a completely non-CM related reason earlier and wondered why that word popped into my head of all the options.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:16 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Where's jjb when ya need her * runs*
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 9:17 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• The one thing I have noticed about boycotts, they always seem to have an adverse affect than intended. LOL It's escaping me now, but a few years back the far right was yelling for a boycott of some place.....and their sales went through the ROOF! Then last year was the boycott Chick Fil A....you STILL cant pass that place without there being a line!
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 9:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Don't invoke the beast
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 9:18 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Most people who boycott as a group thing (not a personal issue of just quietly not shopping somewhere), don't think past that emotional response of "I'm part of something bigger than I am, and its going to mean something!" It's similar to protesters and rioters. And like a lot of them, the reasoning is left behind.
    Nimue930

Answer by Nimue930 at 9:36 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• Why would they boycott when it will inconvenience their own lives too much? Lol. They are the epitome of hypocrisy.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 9:44 PM on Feb. 26, 2013

• haha i hope they do...cause then we will never hear from them again! plus, any organization that markets themselves as having a million members when they have only thousands is obviously not a force to be reckon with...unless you are a pansy company like Lowes.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:51 PM on Feb. 26, 2013