Birthmark on eye????? Who else has a baby with one???

My daughter has a red birthmark on her left eye. Its raised up a little bit and pushes down her eye-lid a little bit also. She has had it looked at at the doctors and they say its ok and should not bother her eye but I was wondering if I'm the only one that has a baby with it??????????

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 4:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• my daughter had this also...i was scared but now she's 7 months and you can barley tell there was a bump....your not the only one....
    Madelyn_Marie

Answer by Madelyn_Marie at 5:03 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my friends sisters daughter has one, it slowly fades.... shes 2 now and you can see it but its not half as bad as it was
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:08 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had one just like that as a baby. It went away.
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 5:25 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Thank you guys!!!! That makes me feel so much better!!!
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 7:35 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my son had one when he was born, it wasnt really raised but it is starting to go away.. if it gets bigger, or changes shape or color i would tell your doctor cause it might be a hemangioma. And if left untreated can get out of control.. if your doctor isnt worried then I wouldnt be... they usually start to break down in a matter of months..
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 8:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• my cousin's little boy has one under his eye that is black. It literally looks like someone punched him, or he is wearing a lot of eyeliner that rubbed off. So no your not the only one. Atleast hers looks like a birth mark and not a black eye. People ask her all the time, "what happend to his eye...did he fall and hit it...oh my did someone hit him...etc"
    babymaddy

Answer by babymaddy at 11:41 PM on Feb. 15, 2009