Baby Boom!

I was 19 when I became pregnant with my son. I had just graduated HS 6months prior and I was a freshman in my first semester of college. I was alone when it came to friends and family experiencing what I went through. Now I'm 22 and we've grown up and I feel left out because everyone is now having babies and I can't have anymore. Not really I can't but I won't. To make sure I got an IUD that lasts 10 years. It'll need to be replaced in 2016. My son's father and I was not going down the right path. The relationship took a turn for the worst and I decided that I didn't want to take anymore after 4 yrs. Sometimes I think about starting over and doing it right, marriage then kids. But I wanted to be a young mother (23-26, to have at least 2 or 3 more) I don't want kids at 30. My mom was that age when she had me and by the time I was in 3rd/4th grade she was too tired to want to do anything. I know that I deserve better and

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i thought the baby boom was over because of the economy? at least thats what the news told me :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:15 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• allow a man to love me if he wants to come into my son and I life and do right by us. But I can't stomach the fact that I'll have more than one baby daddy regardless of the fact of me being married to that person. I can't help but feel anything more than a failure that I pick the wrong guy to bring a child into this world by. But I do realize my mistake and vowed to not have anymore of his babies or hold on to the dead end relationship just b/c I didn't want to be another single mom. I'm still not sure of my decision sometimes when I really feel good about myself, I think that I shouldn't let one mistake (the father NOT my son) determine the outcome of my life. I should move on and be happy, but I don't know. My biggest fear is meeting someone, making it work, get married have a baby or 2, and then that ends. Leaving me again as a single mother, but now with 2or3 kids, and 2 baby daddies.
    Anonymous

• Not every one lost their jobs, or are facing pay cuts. My bff has a salary paying government job that pays her 19/hr. and she's pregnant.
    Anonymous

• calm down honey, just wait it out and you'll find a man who truly loves you. i dont see anything wrong with having kids past 30, my mom had me at 35 and i am the smartest cutest most wonderfully nice person who is never mean and i dont make bad decisions because i am perfect :>
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:19 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• Its not anything wrong with kids in your 30's, my mom was 33 going on 34 but I suffered in the long run. She was born in 53 I was born in 87. We were from 2 different worlds. Our age gap was too big and I didn't have the mom I needed. She grew up in a time where mothers didn't talk to their teens and have open relationships. So alot of bad things that happened to me I kept it bottled in and to this day she doesn't know alot about me. I don't want to carry that on and go down the same path. She never let me experience gymnastics,ballet, cheer leading, etc. B/c when she got off work she wanted to relax. As long as I was old enough to fix myself something to eat and do my homework on my own her job was done. When I graduated HS she was 52. I don't recommend this. Now I'm not saying she should of had me at 18 but 33 1/2 was too late if she wasn't going to make a commitment to be an active parent for 18 yrs if she felt like she
    Anonymous

• should of been done raising kids and relaxing by age 40.
    Anonymous

• i was jk im not perfect or wonderfully nice :> im just in a weird mood today i think i got too much sleep
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 5:29 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• if you want another baby then have one... find u a husband and have you a baby :)..... i agree i want to have my second one at a young age also... i want to know, but the husband is telling me no way...lol... i have an iud as well but only for the 5 yrs.
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:49 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• The economy is bad unless you do work for the government of course I mean really.Most people that want more babies can't cause hubby worried he may not have a job tommorow.The average america that is. But if you work in government why not have more with the fleecing of america they can afford it.
    Anonymous

• having kids when you are young or at advanced maternal age (above age 35) brings on many diffrent aspects to parenting. I had my first when I was 22 almost 23 and while at the time many of my HS friends were having babies also so I fit in with them. Was finishing my masters degree when I had my first so I was well educated and ready for a professional life in addition to my family. for may years I juggled kids house husband and we were squeeking by month by month because of day care prices and student loans and frankly I was so exausted by the time I came home to do much more then make dinner and go to bed and do it all over again. Weekends we spend doing some fun things but things could have been better we could have done more with the kids but we were trying to keep our heads afloat. By age 25 I had 2 kids and most of my friends also had 1 or 2 kids and were in similar situations.

to be continued
    Anonymous