Lice problems?

monday we found out that our youngest two girls had a mad case of lice. nasty little things, we had them last year and thought we got rid of them using the lice shampoo. my mom came over (hubby wanted her to check my hair, i was clean) she then told us that my sister (who we haven't seen since 10) just had this issue too. she used germ x. yes the hand sanitizer, we shopped around because we needed the big bottles. dollar stores didn't have it, big lots had their version of it and walmart had the name germ x for six bucks. we went back to big lots, their brand has the same thing as germ x only not the price, we were able to get two bottles there for the price of one of walmart's.

sorry this really wasn't a question, but this stuff works, treat it just like you would the lice shampoo, leave it on for two hours, and you won't see a live one in your hair, and the eggs fall off when you rinse with water.

noel1978

Asked by noel1978 at 7:32 AM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Beauty & Style

• remember, Lice like clean hair. oil keeps the eggs from sticking to the hair strands.
    regular haircare such as haircolor, or even blow drying and ironing your hair on a daily basis can protect against lice.
    don't forget that if you do have lice, to treat it, and then to treat a second time to kill any left over eggs still on the hair.
    you can also check with your local school or hairdresser to find out how many cases of lice are going around.
    It's all about prevention!
    tinka_pixie

Answer by tinka_pixie at 7:59 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Cooking oil works too. its really gross and hard to get out...but it suffocates them.
    Lobelia

Answer by Lobelia at 7:45 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I'm a hairdresser, and I treat myself every time I come in contact with it at work. Prevention is huge! Also remember that anything 200 degrees for 20min or over kills them. if you come in contact, come home and strip down, toss it all in the washer. treat yourself before any that might have jumped on your head can lay eggs.
    If you've already found out you have lice, then treat the whole house. bagging things takes forever. lice can go for 1 month without in a trash bag before suffocating. most clothes shoes stuffed animals etc can go in the dryer. tools and other items like combs and brushes can be wiped with bleach. you can buy lice spray for your mattress OR buy a mattress protector which also guards against bed bugs. at the shop, i throw away the combs that come in contact. some things are just to hard to get lice eggs off of.
    continued-----
    tinka_pixie

Answer by tinka_pixie at 7:56 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• mayo and tea tree oil works also.
    mfagnan

Answer by mfagnan at 9:19 AM on Feb. 27, 2013