Spontaneous Allergies or Something Else? Treatment?

I'm 5 months, and I've been having allergy hives off and on for months now.
Every time I get them they last for 2-4 weeks before I can get rid of them.
My doctor is convinced I'm having spontaneous Allergies pop up because of the pregnancy.
This last time it happened it was bad. We decided to treat with Prednisone, and I immediately got worse. my entire body was covered. I'm still covered 2 week later, and I'm on Prednisone, Zantac, Benadryl, and a topical cortisteroid.
The problem is that I'm about to loose my job. I cant stand normal temperatures, clothes, you get the idea. Oatmeal or baking soda baths aren't helping. Basically I'm miserable and you would be too after 2 weeks of it.
Do you all have any ideas of that would help, or what helped you?
Or does anyone think this sounds like its not related to food allergy?
( have been keeping a food diary, and cutting out anything my doctor thinks could be potentially causing this)

tinka_pixie

Asked by tinka_pixie at 7:46 AM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Pregnancy

• Soaps (body washes, laundry soaps, cleaners, etc) could be doing it too. All kinds of environmental triggers.
    idareyou

Answer by idareyou at 11:10 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I went over all that with my dr. we couldn't think of anything that had changed.
    tinka_pixie

Comment by tinka_pixie (original poster) at 11:35 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Doesn't matter if its changed. You are pregnant...YOU changed. Your body does weird stuff when you are pregnant, and so you might be allergic to A B and C whereas before you were not, and once baby is born, you might not be again.

Have you seen about going to an actual allergist?
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:27 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• ^^Or you could always have been allergic but the reaction was so mild, you didn't notice, but now that you're pregnant, you are more sensitive to those things.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:28 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I have been calling an allergist for over 2 weeks now, and no one has been in the office because of all the snow storms we've been having.
    tinka_pixie

Comment by tinka_pixie (original poster) at 4:30 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Oh yucky :( I hope you can get in soon!
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 8:58 AM on Mar. 1, 2013