Is California the only place where this happens?

I have always wondered about the people you see standing on the freeway off ramps and side of the street selling stuff most always flowers or fruit, but I have never seen this any where else so is it really just Cali that has that or do other places have people that do that too

hautemama83

Asked by hautemama83 at 5:42 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

Level 2 (-14 Credits)
  • Alright so this is TOTALLY off the subject... But I live in a VERY small town in Michigan. One day when I was driving to the grocery store I about peed my pants because their was this old man holding a HUGE cardboard sign and it said " Illegal Aliens Go Home".... I about died, this is something you NEVER would see in our town... hahahahaha sorry I just had to say something
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I haven't seen the flowers or fruit here but holding a sign up thats says "Will work for food"
    Anonymous

• no,i have seen in other places... mostly flowers... but i have seen fruits too... also seen em selling dvds, jewlery, shoes...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:45 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I live in Las Vegas and there are a couple of corners where they have fruit and flowers. I don't know why...its so damn hot everything will die.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 5:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• wow I have yet to see anyone with dvds and shoes and stuff raelly here its just about always flowers
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 5:48 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• well i lived in the "ghetto"...so it was pretty common... you could get a pair of nike air forces for like $40 and almost any dvd u could think of on black market...
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 5:50 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• we live north of austin, texas and everytime we go there theres alot of that kinda stuff.
    JennasMommy

Answer by JennasMommy at 5:53 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• They do that on street corners here - Tucson, AZ.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 5:57 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• there is a guy who sells newspapers near all the fast food restuarants, and several flower stands especially around holidays and veggie and fruit stands in the summer....
    I have never seen a "will work for food" or similar sign.
    I live east of Cincy Ohio... about 30 mins from the city
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 6:07 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• PEOPLE SELL JEWELRY AND WHAT NOT AROUND HERE. ALSO DURING SPRING AND SUMMER THEY SELL FRUIT
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 8:00 PM on Feb. 15, 2009