Smoking weed and morning sickness...?

I obviously know that smoking is illegal. I've heard from multiple people that to calm morning (all day) sickness they smoked. Some even were told by their doctors that it was fine to and wouldn't harm the child. I was wondering if there was any truth to this or just an excuse to get high.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• just an excuse to get high, I could NEVER see a doctor giving the ok to go ahead and smoke pot while pregnant. The only reason why doctors allow their patients to smoke pot is because of a medical problem...
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 5:58 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• i think it's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. just an excuse.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• their doctors should lose their licenses. do you realize that if your man smokes pot, it'll affect his sperm? perhaps allowing for birth defects? you are going to be a mom. stop looking for excuses to be a drug user. it's detrimental for your baby and sets a poor example. ask your doc for advice on the morning sickness. it's temporary. you'll be ok. i'm glad you used your instincts and asked for advice. you probably already knew the answer, right? that could be your mommy instinct kickin' in. good luck!
    vickiathome

Answer by vickiathome at 6:02 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I had a friend who had been admitted several times to the hospital for dehydration due to severe vomiting. The ONLY was she could hold down any food and not feel sick was to take a hit or two. She told her OB and while he did not in amyway tell her to do it, he said if that was keeping her from getting such bad morning sickness then it would not harm the baby. And it didn't.
    I don't necessarily codone this but it's a true story.
    Anonymous

• I really would like to know how many of you responding actually base your responses on facts or what you feel is right.

Just because you see it on a T.V. commercial does not mean it's truth. If you'll also remember, T.V. commercials in the 60's claimed that smoking Cannabis would turn you into a crazed psychopath.

Before you respond to a question like this, try googling before you spout off nonsense.
    Anonymous

• i am a regualr smoker of weed and still smoking as i am doing great in my pregnancy. i am 26 weeks pregnant and baby is doing great. i did not have any morning sickness and i think the weed helped me out with that.
    Anonymous

• ive heard that it definetly works but ive known some that took advantage of it..didnt harm the baby however still wouldnt reaccomend it.
    Anonymous

• alot of people smoke cigarettes durring there pregnancy and in my opinion weed is alot healthier than cigarettes.
    Anonymous

• Please save a cell in your brain to know it is not healthy for baby in womb and out of womb to be with a pot smoking mom.I am sorry but how can you do well tending a child while HIGH
    Anonymous

• Maybe you should all read this...and this...and this (but before you anti-smokers get too excited read the replies)... there are more, but I'll let you google for yourself.

FlyMom07

Answer by FlyMom07 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 15, 2009