Does this warrant police intervention?

I saw someone share this on fb this morning:

Village of Oswego Police, IL · 1,305 like this
8 hours ago ·  
  • Oswego Police responded to Grapevine trail after a caller informed there was a vulgar "work of art" made out of snow in front of a residence. *30

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 11:34 AM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• Only if the cops want to snap a pic of themselves posing in front of it.
    Was it boobs or a penis?

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:36 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I would guess the latter, since someone in the comments says "it was pretty big" (as opposed to they were pretty big)
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:39 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Eh if it's a repeated occurence it could be seen as harassment (of the people living in the residence) otherwise it was likely just a bunch of idiot teenagers.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:41 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• They should have talked to their neighbors BEFORE they called the police. If you have young children it could easily be something you don't want them to be outside seeing.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 11:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I was under the impression (from other people on fb who live there) that it was made by the resident LOL
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:43 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I wouldn't call the cops,I'd march over there with a bucket or 2 of hot water

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 11:44 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• No
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:47 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I would laugh and get all my friends to pose with it and make a video of us doing bad things!!! LOL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:48 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

Well in that case......sheesh did someone get offended and need to police to issue a lecture about the "appropriateness" of images drawn in snow in their own lawn?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:49 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Was it necessary for the police to come? No, probably not. But was it necessary for him to build such a thing in his front yard? Probably not. If he had put it in the backyard, more than likely nobody would be upset by it. While I would find a well-hung snowman hilarious, I wouldn't want to have to look at it every day until the snow melted.
    hootie826

Answer by hootie826 at 12:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2013