Care.com

Have you used it and were you satisfied with the results?

HHx5

Asked by HHx5 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 27, 2013 in General Parenting

• I have and also Sittercity.com.  I like that I can do background checks on potential sitters.  We found a wonderful young women to help drive my kids to school in the morning when I was also taking classes.  I've also had not so good experiences, sitters that were no shows.  Really it's no different than placing an add in the paper or going off the recommendation of a friend.  You never know what your going to get in the beginning, but there are references and background checks available on these sites.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 11:57 AM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I've searched that site too and wondered about it. I think the bottom line is you have to interview people yourself and get a vibe off them and if you can get a background check, even better. I agree with the above about sittercity.com as well. Tried that for about three years and finally gave up on it. Now I get college students.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 7:18 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Hi,

If you are thinking about giving Care.com a try, please feel free to use the link below to receive 20% off your premium membership.

www.care.com/amandap2
    landbensmom

Answer by landbensmom at 8:16 PM on Apr. 30, 2013