A boo boo on my baby's eye

Not really on the eye- just on the corner by the eye. She had crusties on her eye and I must have wiped too hard. I can't really put A&D right there BY her eye- but it's all red and needs to be soothed somehow.

Is there anything I can do for her? Maybe breastmilk? That's all I can think of. It's just too close for comfort to the eye. Poor thing. I picked something off my first baby's face and it left a red mark like that- she's 3 years old now and STILL has that mark on her face. Don't want to keep messing up my kid's faces!!!!

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 2:39 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Breastmilk is great for soothing scratches on soft baby skin. Is she better now?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I wouldn't put AD on a starch.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 3:36 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• ok....?
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 3:37 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Is that what you meant Lost? Scratch? That makes more sense. My baby isn't a starch!

It is more like rubbed raw than scratched. I think breastmilk is the only solution, since that is fine to get in her eye.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• use warm wash cloth next time to wipe the eye area
    sally1973

Answer by sally1973 at 5:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2013