If you have ever fixed scrambled eggs in the oven....

If you have ever fixed scrambled eggs in the oven, is there a certain recipe that seemed to work best with this method?
How well would the finished product travel?

Im wanting to fix about 30 people "breakfast for dinner" and thought eggs from the oven would be the best idea. But not sure how good they will stay. It will be about 30-45minutes until they actually eat...

Or could they be re-heated? There is an oven where I am going but I do not want to fully prepare/make the dinner there. (Its at a friends house)

(I was thinking scrambled egg, oven french toast, bacon/sausage, bisquits & gravy, fresh fruit salad..)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Do you have a crockpot or a warming pan you could take the eggs to your destination in?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I've seen recipes for eggs in the oven, but they are going to bee cold by the time you reach your destination. Cold eggs are gross. Can you come up with something else?
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:31 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I've done baked fritattas, but nothing that ends up with the fluffiness of scrambled eggs that comes from stirring them while they cook. You might be better off with a breakfast casserole recipe. There are some you can do in the oven or crockpot, whichever way is easier.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I would considered a quiche which could be easily served at room temp.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 5:07 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Pillsbury had a great recipe a while back. You put crescent rolls in the bottom of a muffin tin (1 roll per hole), press it out to make the "crust". Then pour in your scrambled eggs and toppings (or add spinach or whatever) and bake 350 until eggs are firm. I live alone so when I did make them they were great but I had to eat them all! So I don't make them anymore unless someone's coming over....not often. But they were amazingly great and easy and filling. I did save some for the next day. I didn't eat all 8 at the same time! lol

Answer by admckenzie at 5:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• You will need a warming pan that uses steam otherwise I think the eggs will dry out.
    booklover545

Answer by booklover545 at 7:21 PM on Mar. 1, 2013