Does anyone think that our economy is going to get a lot worse???

Do you follow what is going on in washington that is public knowledge but just NOT publicly announced or spotlighted in the news? Do you think the economy is going to get a lot worse? What are you doing to provide for your family when it gets real bad??? Thoughts, Ideas

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:13 PM on Feb. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Yes, absolutely. Money will be worth much less when it is printed to back a stimulus plan with nothing to support it.

The stimulus plan has almost NOTHING to do with stimulus and will not provide the relief that the masses expect.

We are delaying the inevitable and delaying private sector rebound.

Hold on.
    Anonymous

• Yes because Dubya desperately screwed us and our current president has a lot of damage to repair. Thanks to the Republicans for their votes for Dubya.
    Anonymous

• I love when ignorant people who apparently don't know how a government is ran like to blame ONE person for what is going on now. It completely laughable. It's not the people that bought homes they couldn't afford, or the banks lending money like water to people who have no business buying anything. It's not the fault of anyone but "Dubya". Get a grip and an education.
    Anonymous

• It has been going downhill ever since I can remember...and I do remember the first Bush. It will get worse. It is bound to. If we get out of this without falling into a depression I will be surprised.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:21 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• What is rediculous is it was soooooooo urgent or the sky would fall if this stimulus was not signed immediately even before the dems and repubs got to fully read it ..so instead of the dems saying WAIT no we will not sign this yet they went ahead and signed it.One even stated something to the effect of "In a perfect world we'd of gotten a chance to read it first" ....excuse me?? lol That would take a "perfect" world?

So it was signed but Obama had not signed it yet and whats he do? He goes off on a few day vacation to Chicago to treat Michele for Valentines.Apparently it's suddenly not so urgent I guess.

This can be seen right through...what a joke.
    Anonymous

• Of course it's going to get worse. Doesn't everyone know that? All the economic experts say it, the President says it, Congress says it...everyone.
    Anonymous

• Yes, its going to get worse....just because it is. Anyone whose been around more than 5 yrs in the political system knows that recessions ebb and flow and its NOT just one persons fault. The ones who blame only Bush obviously haven't been around long enough to remember Nixon, Ford, Carter, Regan, Bush Sr., Clinton...yeah...all those presidents and the current system have helped create this mess along with our own personal greed. The president can't fix this....only we can.
    Anonymous

• Yes, it is going to get a lot worse. We have been preparing for this for a long time and seen it coming. I will just say that as far as our preparations we are pretty self sufficient and will have plenty to barter with when the dollar is as worthless as the paper it is on. We also, have some backup real currency. All I really want to say is that I feel sorry for people still living in the cities and still living inside a bubble of false hope. If you haven't made any preparations for bad times, there isn't much time left.
    Anonymous

• i definitely think it will get worse before it gets better.
    heatherama

Answer by heatherama at 8:18 PM on Feb. 15, 2009

• I garden every year and summer is our cheapest grocery time. . . I'm just worried about what will happen if they start rationing out the seeds. . .

I wish I was kidding.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 8:36 PM on Feb. 15, 2009