Im seperated from my husband I dont know if I really am over him

My husband and I been married 12 years have 9 year old daughter. He just a jerk treats me not nice never does family stuff drinks to much, now I finally left him we been seperated for 8 months. i go back and fourth if I should take him back. I feel like that I think because I feel sorry for him and I do care and love him and dont want to see anything bad happen to him beacuse he is taking this very hard and is very depressed and says he will change. But he has been saying that for years.but dont think that a reason to go back. I met someone I have known for 20 years and he is awesome and trets me so good and kid too. Why would I want to leave that. I dont know what to do.

sally1973

Asked by sally1973 at 4:41 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• I don't understand the question. You want to leave a really great guy who treats you nice for an alcoholic jerk that treats you bad. Why???

Answer by missanc at 4:43 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Thats what I mean why would I want to leave this guy my husband is a jerk and I have given him so many chances to change but now that I left he is serious about it. Why didnt he take me serious then
    sally1973

Comment by sally1973 (original poster) at 4:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• You know how he is 12 years of knowing. He will not change. Divorce him and move on.
    Just me. You are already in a different relationship? and you haven't even got rid of the first guy. the new guy is ok with seeing a married women?

Answer by louise2 at 4:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• DIVORCE your husband, take a year to yourself then start dating.
    Why would you go back to a man that doesnt treat you well because he's depressed you left? He's upset he's emotional punching bag is gone. Move on.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• i am not currently seeing the other guy. I told him I have to take care of this business first and did not wanna drag him thru my drama.
    sally1973

Comment by sally1973 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Keep your legs closed.
    Figure out who YOU are as a person, THEN begin dating.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• You need to take a long timeout from relationships, while you figure out what you really want for you.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 5:10 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Yeah thats why I called it off. I dont have romantic feelings for my husband but I do still care and love him why is that when he is a jerk. Now he trying to be super nice and wants me to come back. i but Im afraid to because for years he always says he will change and never does. He says its different this time because he realizes what he lost and he is hurting. But I feel that I am so angry with him about the last 4-5 years that I dont want to and if I do I know I will be miserable again.
    sally1973

Comment by sally1973 (original poster) at 5:13 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Don't go back to him. thing will just go back to the old way as soon as he thinks you are back for good.

Answer by louise2 at 5:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• stay single and don't get back with the husband. If he is treating you this poorly then you or your children don't need him around. Tell him to get sober and stay that way and maybe one day it may be reconsidered, but no promises. Don't give him any false hope. Lay it all out on the table and be honest with him.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 5:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2013