My 3rd Grader is struggling Im very worried

When my daughter got to 1st grade she seemed fine teacher had no concerns just a little behind. So she goes to 2nd grade and they put her in 2/3rd combo class. I was concerned with that. At beginning of year had teacher conference and he says she behind and now starting to cheat because its hard for her. So we work with her at home do the activites teacher suggest and at home is doing really well. Then after 2 months go by no phone calls or notes and report card is under grade level in almost everything. So we have conference with teacher and principal only beacuause I called and they said she inporiving not to worry. again do all same things and at end of year bad report card again with no phone call or anything to say she not doing well. Now she in 3rd grade and can barely keep up. What do I do This teacher telling me same thing

sally1973

Asked by sally1973 at 6:19 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Tweens (9-12)

• How was she able to cheat? I would say go in and talk with them, and like in the morning.
    jerseydiva

Answer by jerseydiva at 6:22 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I guess she was looking on other kids paper. i have been in twice and they tell me not to worry but if thats the case why the bad report card
    sally1973

Comment by sally1973 (original poster) at 6:25 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Call the teacher and the principal every day till you get an answer if you have to. Request weekly progress reports. Don't just let time keep going by. The squeaky wheel gets the grease.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Write a letter to the principal asking for an educational evaluation be done. This is important because it will tell you what areas your daughter really struggles with. Don't wait too long, having a child tested is a very long process.

RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 6:26 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Thanks I will call school again
    sally1973

Comment by sally1973 (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• get a tutor
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:04 PM on Feb. 27, 2013