FYI: have you heard about this? Locally the first helped are the elderly and unemployed but it is available in many areas.

Pet Food Stamps, a non-profit organization out of New York, is offering help to anyone in the United States who can't afford to feed their pets.

booklover545

Asked by booklover545 at 6:24 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Pets

• Hmmm... I had no idea such a thing existed. I hope that those that do need it will take advantage of it. I hate to see hungry animals.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 6:29 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Never heard of it, but it does seem like a good idea. I've known a lot of financially strapped people who took comfort from their pets. I had a neighbor once who couldn't afford a bag of cat food till she got her Disability check, and it was like four or five days. On the third day, she was crying outside because it was so hard for her to listen to her miserable cat and watch her stare at the food dish. I gave her the money for the cat food and told her I didn't want her to ever let that poor critter go hungry again while I was around.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:33 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Thank GOD you were there! ^^
    Anonymous

• Did not know about this, thanks for the heads up, so many people are just getting rid of their pets because they can't afford to feed them, that is great!

Answer by older at 6:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I think this is awesome! I went thru a bad hurricane a few years back and we couldn't find or afford dog food even if we could have found it. A non profit came thru our neighborhood with a bullhorn announcing pet food. I was beside myself with worry, and they answered my prayers. To this day I donate to them every year.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:49 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I have never heard of this but I sounds like a nice thing to do. Pets can and do make life more enjoyable for many.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:01 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I think its an idea whose time has come awesome!!!
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:09 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Nice thing to know
    sunshine196

Answer by sunshine196 at 9:40 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Wow! That's cool. Where I live, they have added pet food on their Meals on Wheels deliveries since so many Sr's can't afford to feed their pets. It's sad that it seems like you have to be rich to be a pet owner nowadays.

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 8:25 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Wow very cool and nice thanks for sharing
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 1:11 PM on Mar. 14, 2013