Should I go mlm or start own business?

I want to make extra $1,000 a month. I am a sahm now so this income just extra.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Money & Work

• I guess it really depends on a lot of factors. What mlm are you looking it? Is it "overcrowded" in your area? What type of business are you looking to start? Do you know the rules of your state for operating businesses out of your home? Keep in mind that it will take a while to start earning $1000 a month  on a regular basis. You will have to spend money before you earn a profit. 

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 8:42 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Do you have any business experience or education?
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 8:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• My kids are in school so I have all day to work. I have a biz idea already.

I know there are new mlm starting it makes me wonder if its worth it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:56 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I made $400 tonight! Direct sales is the way to go!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:46 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• If you do not have the knowledge/ skills to start your own business I would go with direct sales and get some experience. You can continue to work on your ownidea while you gain the skills you need.
    Most people fail because they did not had the knowledge they needed before beginning a small business
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:16 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Both have pros and cons. MLM is a tough way to make money, but at least you have people who are there to mentor you and who are invested in your success. Starting a business is risky, especially in tight times like these. If you don't have a business education, consider taking a few classes at your local community college that would tell you how to write a business plan and give you the basics of money management and marketing.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• 1. NEVER join an MLM that has not been around and stable for 5 years
    2. If you have any other business option, that makes more sense than an MLM. In your own business you take everything after over head, in an MLM, you will always be giving away a piece of your earnings to support the company and the people in your upline.
    3. Both your risk and reward will be greater with your own business. You just have to weigh it out and decide if the risk is worth the reward.
    Anonymous

• I would love to speak with you if you are still looking!!
    We make 50% on everything we sell!!!
    No Territories and No Quotas!!!
    Call this prerecorded info number: 1-641-715-3800 passcode 32308# then select #1
    My cell is 941-376-9060 please call/text me!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:55 AM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I like the resources from the MLM. I also like knowing that the products WORK and that the company is stable and all I have to do is put in the work. But it's up to you what you want to make with your life. ;)
    asaffell

Answer by asaffell at 5:29 PM on Mar. 4, 2013

• I am with a company that sells 100% organic (toxic free, chemical free) products. I absolutely LOVE it since it fits within my healthy lifestyle and gets those deadly chemicals OUT of my house! If this interests you, please give me a shout! I would LOVE to have you on my team.
    TALuke

Answer by TALuke at 9:56 AM on Mar. 7, 2013