I just wanted to share

It’s fucking amazing when at the age of 19 (gonna be 20 this year god damn) I can still curl up and cry to my mom and she is there for me and can just tell when I’m upset and I just really fucking love her okay.

I mean, the woman listens to Korn and MCR and Swing and all kinds of cool shit and has blue hair and is one of the most intelligent and beautiful women I’ve ever come across and she makes me strive to be better every single fucking day.

I really don’t know where I’d be without her.

You guys all talk about how horrified you’d be if your parents found your Tumblrs and my mom and I follow each other on here and share fanfiction like that’s how fucking amazing she is.

She seriously saved my ass this morning and reminded me that I’m worth a damn and I can never thank her enough for all she’s done for me.

Like, I was seriously blessed with the best mother I could ever ask or hope for.

*************

my daughter wrote this sometime in the last couple of hours and I just read it.  Her boyfriend had broken up with her for the 2nd time yesterday, and she was in a pretty bad place this morning- stayed home from college to take the day and get herself together.  I heard her upstairs coughing (she has had a pretty terrible cold this week) and wondered if it was brought on by crying, I wasn't sure -but went to check on her to make sure.  I was worried that if it was crying, that could lead to other things (cutting).  So I went up there and let her literally cry on my shoulder and just held her  for awhile and then we talked for a long time.   She is still bummed-but she's going to be okay and didn't cut (thankfully). 

anyhow, this brought a tear to my eye and I just wanted to share :)

charlotsomtimes

Asked by charlotsomtimes at 8:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• GO MAMA!!
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 8:59 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• That' effin' awesome!

Also... you kinda sound like me. ; ) Idk if my dd's think I'm that cool though.
    anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 9:05 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• That's Awsome. I wish I had that when I was younger. I hope my girls feel this way :)
    skinnyslokita

Answer by skinnyslokita at 9:28 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Awesome mama!
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 9:34 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Aww that is so cool, you should be SUPER proud to have that connection and relationship with your daughter, i know I would LOVE to have that with my mom, or I would've when i was in my teens that's for sure! Good job and keep up the great lines of communication with her :)
    DreainCO

Answer by DreainCO at 9:53 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Sounds like you are a awesome mom. :)
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:02 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• I would have given anything to have a Mom like you, she's a very lucky girl.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:11 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• you sound like my mom! and the kind of mom i am trying to be
    applause!!
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 10:21 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• You sound like you have done a wonderful job. Hugs
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:38 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• She's lucky to have a caring mom like you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:47 PM on Feb. 27, 2013