In love but miserable

Just because you love someone doesn't mean they are right for you.
I am still trying to find myself. I almost want to drop my whole life and start all over again.
We have been dating 6 years and are reluctant to get married. So if we aren't ever going to get married, I feel I have reached a dead end.
I'm afraid of being heartbroken because I see it in my future. In love but miserable.
What would you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 PM on Feb. 27, 2013 in Relationships

• Why are you reluctant to marry?
    KPBMom

Answer by KPBMom at 11:45 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Why is the end game marriage?
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:52 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Move on until you find some on who has the samedesire to commit as you do.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:57 PM on Feb. 27, 2013

• Who's hesitant? You? Him? Both? Why?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:01 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• If you're miserable, I would move on.
    alf2651

Answer by alf2651 at 12:09 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• If you're miserable take a look at yourself. Maybe it's not him, it's you. What parts of you could be improved?
    Perhaps you're not in love, you're COMFORTABLE!
    If nothing changes, nothing changes.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:51 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I was at a point in my life like this not long ago. I left. It wasn't easy and yes you have to deal with the "death" of the relationship which takes time but it was the right thing for me. I just couldn't settle anymore.

Answer by admckenzie at 2:40 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• If you're miserable, why do you stay? If you see it ending in heartbreak eventually, why do you stay? Why waste six more years - or even more - being miserable and waiting for it to end? Don't you deserve to be happy now?

If you really see this ending in heartbreak, and don't think counseling or some strong heart to heart talks can salvage it, end it now. Don't wait to be more miserable and regret wasting more years of your life with someone that you know it won't last with. Free yourself so you can heal and find someone that you can be happy with and not see a dismal ending with.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 8:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Do not stay with someone who keeps you miserable.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Move on it does not get better heart break lasts a lot less longer then a miserable relationship.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:42 AM on Feb. 28, 2013