are there any diet pills out there that are safe to use? I need to loose weight......Alot of it. about 60 lbs. I need help with my metabolism. lost all mine when I had 3 kids.

amberddh

Asked by amberddh at 12:36 AM on Feb. 28, 2013 in Diet & Fitness

• No just change your diet, increase water intake, become more active and consult your doctor.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 12:38 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• What virginiamom said. Also look at foods that increase your metabolism like grapefruit, lemon/lemon juice and chili powder. I also cut all artificial sweeteners, soda, and low fat milk from my diet. It's helped tremendously, along with weighing and measuring everything that I eat. Keep track of it with myfitnesspal.com and spark people.com
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 12:46 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Diet and exercise.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 12:49 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Pills will only lighten your wallet, nothing else. And as you get older it does get harder to get rid of the weight. So yep, diet and exercise. See your doc about a program; Weight Watchers is a good one.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:02 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I've had some luck with green coffee bean extract and raspberry ketone. Slow going, but at least it's happening, and before I tried those I had no luck no matter what I did. I've been practicing portion control and trying to move more at the same time, but I do believe the supplements gave me a bit of a boost.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:11 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• I'm pregnant, so pills aren't really an option for me. I have had luck with ground flaxseed taken daily.
    This time around, (since I'm pregnant) I'm doing crossfit. My SO is a trainer, and it has worked miracles for me. So far I've lost 20lbs, and all while pregnant.
    tinka_pixie

Answer by tinka_pixie at 6:33 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• pills, shakes and all that are not good

find out how many calories you should be eating (BMR) - then start counting them- drink water and work out.
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 8:10 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• Have you talked to the Dr. about blood work? If you are having weight issues, always rule out a Thyroid issue. Then while you are in there talking to the Dr. ask him about recommendations. If he's a good Dr., he will talk about healthy eating, exercise, etc....
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 9:17 AM on Feb. 28, 2013

• The pills help temporarily but until you get to your doctor and rule out food allergies and thyroid problems. Also take a second look at your diet I found out by not going out to eat and cutting soda from my daily diet it helps its amazing how many calories I cut from my diet doing this. Also try spark people it helps get you in touch with calorie intake and water intake. I have lost twenty plus pounds from it and portion control when you do the calorie count you might be shocked about how much more you can cut. GL
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 28, 2013

• The best ones I have used are the green coffee bean extract pills but you have to get the right ones. I buy these on ebay. A two month supply is around $12 I take them twice a day 4-5 days a week. I do not take them at all during my period week and do not gain any weight back. in the first 6 weeks I dropped 20lbs.

405mom

Answer by 405mom at 6:25 PM on May. 15, 2013